No more Joe

I agree. But as it's the fucking internet, shouldn't it work both ways? Since it's "just" the internet, shouldn't ppl not get annoyed in the first place?

This is all semantics and doesn't mean anything, I'm just thinking out loud.

No, not really. It's a forum: a small community on the internet. You don't like its rules don't come on it. It's very simple. Internet or not, It's Deron's site and he can decide what he wants to do with it. I mean srsly.

I agree with max, the above post sums it up perfectly.

I agree with that too, as many ppl tend to annoy me...or at least they used to. It's turning into nit-picking now, that wasn't my intention. Just kinda fishing for others' thoughts on it when presented with a neutral stance.

I'll simply say the big difference here is/was - and this is something I have as a rule forum wide;

It's one thing to goof with other members, have a little fun at the expense of someone (hell knows I've been the butt end plenty on this site) - but, when you start attacking people personally, repeatedly, even if the other person has thick enough skin to take it or uses the ignore feature, after a while it becomes unacceptable. When your whole purpose is to never add to a forum in some positive way, but simple play peanut gallery in a major ass wipe way, then adios.

You're absolutely right on those points, except one: the whole "generally most people that come here are welcomed, as long as they don't take themselves too seriously".

I'd have to disagree. The Neverboard is the equivalent to white middle-American "you ain't from 'round heah, are ya boy?" attitude when it comes to newcomers or people who challenge the status quo of the board (unless you're a hot chick, then for some reason it's ok).

Any type of argument, debate, or unpopular opinion is met with vehement ridicule unless you're a regular, and if you are a regular then it's "only" met with very dry sarcasm, rudeness, and/or an unwillingness to see things from another point of view.

In short, it resembles the bubble syndrome that Americans tend to be the most prone to, only it's an international online community.

As for what I've seen from lurking...and from knowing Joe, probably longer than most here... He's one to do the exact same. When met with a different opinion it turns into "lolfag" with everything, until one side is grown up enough to drop it. The regulars here tend to put a lot more thought and effort into their comebacks, but generally its the same message.

It turn into a "No U.." "NO UU!!!" "urFAT!!!" "NO UUUU!!!" thing. Its what happens unmovable object is hit with an unstoppable force. (lolbatman)

I agree with that too, as many ppl tend to annoy me...or at least they used to. It's turning into nit-picking now, that wasn't my intention. Just kinda fishing for others' thoughts on it when presented with a neutral stance.
Well, my thoughts on it are, some light trolling is all well and good, and everyone gets into an argument on the Internet at one time or another, but when insulting, flame-baiting and shooting lame barbs is all you're doing, then you should be kicked right off the board.

I'll simply say the big difference here is/was - and this is something I have as a rule forum wide;

It's one thing to goof with other members, have a little fun at the expense of someone (hell knows I've been the butt end plenty on this site) - but, when you start attacking people personally, repeatedly, even if the other person has thick enough skin to take it or uses the ignore feature, after a while it becomes unacceptable. When your whole purpose is to never add to a forum in some positive way, but simple play peanut gallery in a major ass wipe way, then adios.

:kickass:

I'm not trying to take sides or point fingers or whatever, I'm just trying to look at it from another point of view. We have enough backslapping and high-fiving here as it is.

You guys all have a point and Deron was well-within his right to do it, it just seemed strange to boot someone without a formal complaint when soooooooooo much worse shit has happened here and nothing came of it.

Wait. Deron actually read his posts? Ouch.
Deron reads EVERYTHING!
20sujci.gif

I'm not trying to take sides or point fingers or whatever, I'm just trying to look at it from another point of view. We have enough backslapping and high-fiving here as it is.

You guys all have a point and Deron was well-within his right to do it, it just seemed strange to boot someone without a formal complaint when soooooooooo much worse shit has happened here and nothing came of it.

You're right, we should have asked for a 500 character limit on your posts. :D

That would be if we gave you a 500 character MINIMUM.

Cheer up, you can always talk to him on IM programs. Go have a beer or something.