Nocturnal Rites?

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
Anyone know what's happening with them? I listened to Talisman yesterday and wondered why no new music lately. I checked their Metal-Archives page and their status is "unknown".

And their last Facebook posting was in 2013.

Someone earlier had mentioned that the band is done and they broke up, but I can't remember where I read it from. I don't remember if it was here I read it, or if it was on another board, but I remember reading it not very long ago..............Also, the fact that you mentioned that the last facebook posting was way back in 2013, kind of supports the conclusion that they indeed broke up. It's too bad as I really enjoyed their music.

Reactions: eppst1
Someone earlier had mentioned that the band is done and they broke up, but I can't remember where I read it from. I don't remember if it was here I read it, or if it was on another board, but I remember reading it not very long ago..............Also, the fact that you mentioned that the last facebook posting was way back in 2013, kind of supports the conclusion that they indeed broke up. It's too bad as I really enjoyed their music.

This is my fear and what I think probably has happened. Too bad.

I'm friends with singer Jonny on FB and he told me a while ago that the band was still alive and working on new stuff. But that was quite a long while ago (more than a year), so who knows if it's still the case. That's a shame they've been on hiatus for so long, the albums with Jonny are all very good to excellent, better than the early stuff with Zachrisson IMO (even though I enjoy them too).

HUGE THREAD BUMP!

19401904_10154438250925810_7485494146090215549_o.jpg

NOCTURNAL RITES sign with AFM / new album „Phoenix“ out in late September!

There are bands which are badly missed once they disappear from the scene. One of those examples are Swedish melodic metal masters Nocturnal Rites - The Official Site who released their latest album “The 8th Sin” in 2007 and afterwards slowly slipped into a hiatus kind of situation.
We are happy to come up with good news now: NOCTURNAL RITES are back! And not only that; the band has just put finishing touches on their brand new album, titled “Phoenix”, which will be released on September 29th via AFM.
The band states: “We can’t wait to share this new album with everyone. It’s been long overdue. Needless to say, it feels great to finally be back."

NOCTURNAL RITES are:

Jonny Lindqvist - Vocals
Nils Eriksson - Bass
Per Nilsson - Lead Guitar
Fredrik Mannberg - Guitar
Owe Lingvall - Drums

Looking forward to this one. Been way too long. Hope they continue with the more commercial sound of the last 2 albums.

Brand

From Facebook:

"Surprise, surprise! Just a week after announcing their resurrection, Swedish melodic metal masters Nocturnal Rites - The Official Site already come up with a brand new single: the lyric video for “Before We Waste Away” is available now! It marks the first new recorded NOCTURNAL RITES music since the release of 2007’s “The 8th Sin”.

“This track has a classic Nocturnal Rites vibe to it – a melodic and catchy mid-tempo tune that still incorporates some edge and heaviness. On a whole, though, the album is really diverse. It has a few tracks with some obvious “Afterlife” aggression to them and some that are more orchestral and epic, which is somewhat new to us. We are thrilled to release this first song and can’t wait to get the entire record out! More to come", commented the band...."

nocturnalalbumjune.jpg

Just okay - I am sure they are playing it safe. I am hoping the rest of the cd is much better than that.

Brand