Nope. I still don't get it...

General Zod said:
2. Quorthon can't sing. There are parts that actually make we wince.

4. Simplistic music. The guitar and drum play on this CD are incredibly basic.

I've never understood why some people come to Black Metal expecting technical proficiency (did I use the right word? :dopey: ). Back when I was getting into it my mates used to say "it sounds so untalented". My response was "so what?" or "why does it have to be talented?". They deliver the goods with the simple play, so it's enough to be happy with it!

also what does everyone think of TOXIC HOLOCAUSTS cover of sacrafice =)

EDIT: Tsjuders version is sick to, wooo

does Tsjuder always sound so much like Quorthon? it's cool, i like it!

Emperor and Nasheim have done pretty cool Bathory covers too! probably a million other bands besides, but what the fuck do i care?

JayKeeley said:
Also, who knew this? In "The Golden Walls of Heaven" the first letter of each line spells SATAN. Also, if you do the same with "Dies Irae" you get CHRIST THE BASTARD SON OF HEAVEN.

Erik said:
Everyone knew this. :D

Yeah, I know that now. I was just talking about this with my mum on the phone and she said, "son, even I knew that". Then she proceeded to spin a Sinatra LP on her old gramophone. I was pwned by my mum.

JayKeeley said:
Yeah, I know that now. I was just talking about this with my mum on the phone and she said, "son, even I knew that". Then she proceeded to spin a Sinatra LP on her old gramophone. I was pwned by my mum.
:lol:

I didn't know that so thanks for learnin' me at least. :loco:

Demilich said:
does Tsjuder always sound so much like Quorthon? it's cool, i like it!

I think it kicks ass too. As for the Quorthon similarity - they are influenced by Bathory's black metal era, but I wouldn't say that they're VERY similar. Nevertheless, I suggest you give these two Tsjuder songs a listen. They're from "Desert Northern Hell", an absolutely superb record.

http://www.pointless-box.com/Main/04_lord_of_swords-MagE.mp3
http://www.pointless-box.com/Main/05_helvete-MagE.mp3

JayKeeley said:
"learnin' you" :lol:

You purty. Now squeal like a pig! :loco:
Riverside is the redneck capital of the western US, didn't you know? I'm serious really, bunch of fuckin' hicks out here. :loco:

Henrik Main said:
I think it kicks ass too. As for the Quorthon similarity - they are influenced by Bathory's black metal era, but I wouldn't say that they're VERY similar. Nevertheless, I suggest you give these two Tsjuder songs a listen. They're from "Desert Northern Hell", an absolutely superb record.

http://www.pointless-box.com/Main/04_lord_of_swords-MagE.mp3
http://www.pointless-box.com/Main/05_helvete-MagE.mp3

ui jsut mesnt the vocals sound similar to quorthon, that' sall.

Interesting thread considering I had the same experience with this album in recent months. Zod and I have very similar tastes so it doesn't surprise me that we both think this album is crap. I'm stymied by the fervent praise it receives. From my POV, this Quorthon character was a talentless hack. Everything on this album is bad, from the guitars to the vocals to the concept. It's mind-numbingly awful.

To each their own though :loco:

:lol:

i guess ol' talentless quorthon just kinda stumbled upon creating two genres.

hammerheart is an experience, not music. it must be heard, not listened to, as such. sounds cheesy, i know. i like swiss the most.

I'm not impressed by so-called creative geniuses. No one is immune from influence of something else prior. There's nothing special about anything. It's all ripped-off from somewhere else.
But whatever, I'll never listen to Bathory again. Terrible terrible band. Same goes for Death. Shit shit band. I've found RC's recs have about a 50% success rate with me.

I'll never listen to Bathory again. Terrible terrible band. Same goes for Death. Shit shit band. I've found RC's recs have about a 50% success rate with me.

I can almost understand why people hate Bathory...the vocals in particular.

But what's the problem with Death? Especially for someone who's so enamored with Cryptopsy and other DM bands?

I listened to "Human" just yesterday and I was floored (yet again) by just how awesome that album is, particularly the last half of that album. Chuck didn't get jazzy on this album, it's all pure DM groove.

But what's the problem with Death? Especially for someone who's so enamored with Cryptopsy and other DM bands?

I listened to "Human" just yesterday and I was floored (yet again) by just how awesome that album is, particularly the last half of that album. Chuck didn't get jazzy on this album, it's all pure DM groove.

I can understand not enjoying the technical metal "style" of Death - it's not for everyone, even those that enjoy more straightforward and grooving death metal bands like Morbid Angel, Asphyx, Grave, etc. But Death can have a bit of a wanky, high tuned guitar toned throughout and I can see where the style might not mesh with folks who are fans of death metal in general.

That said, it's difficult to argue against that what Death do, they do well. They are not a paint by numbers technical death metal band. As far as taste goes? A whole different story.