Nope. I still don't get it...

*shrugs*
I tried listening to the one Death album I had and I wanted to rip my earphones off and shit in them, it was that bad

Dudes, how many albums do you buy blind? I mean, without listening to them first, in their entirety, from the internet? I buy all of them blind and alot of them suck. Some great examples that are 100% RC-influenced would be Death's "Scream Bloody Gore", Bathory's "Hammerheart" and Ulver's "Themes..."
I have a much higher success rate with albums that I buy that are not influenced by RC in any way. My conclusion is that most of you have really bad taste. But I like you anyway.

Dudes, how many albums do you buy blind? I mean, without listening to them first, in their entirety, from the internet? I buy all of them blind and alot of them suck. Some great examples that are 100% RC-influenced would be Death's "Scream Bloody Gore", Bathory's "Hammerheart" and Ulver's "Themes..."
I have a much higher success rate with albums that I buy that are not influenced by RC in any way. My conclusion is that most of you have really bad taste. But I like you anyway.

if you ONLY heard SBG, I can understand why you might form the opinion you did just based on that release.

just out of curiosity, try The Sound of Persevearance to see how they ended their career ... you might be blown away in the difference

LOL at this thread: from Bathory to Borat to Death....and for everything, dorian still sticks around. What would he do without the "say anything" thread lol

2005 seems like a lifetime ago now...

I don't get it either, that's why I only own the first three albums (and Requiem, because the cover is badass and the reviews on MA talked about a "return to form" or something which ended up being not really true).

how about now? have you squeezed all the nevermore our of your ears?

EDIT: are Destroyer of Worlds, Requiem and Octagon worth grabbing? How about Quorthon's Album?

I grabbed Purity of Essence from that century media clearance thing as a sheer curiosity

requiem fucking rules, buy it

octagon is like requiem except the songs are bad instead of good

destroyer of worlds has something like 3 excellent songs and a bunch of throwaway crap

I bought Album probably 5 years ago, used. I guess it has its humourous moments to it (like a song about eating pussy?) but I would not consider it an essential purchase at all :lol:

I sold Requiem because I didn't like it that much, but maybe I should have hung onto it longer. Only got like $2 for it anyway, which I gave to a hobo.