Norvegian or Swedish

Norway beats Sweden!
Just for their Blackmetal...Sure I like swedish Deathmetal much but can you tell me any bands of Sweden that technically beat Emperor?Or any that are more grim than (OLD) Mayhem,Burzum and Darkthrone?And they had Ulver and so on...
Well...Norway has some good deathmetal too,Enslaved for example...(okay I must confess Sweden got some better ;) but still...)

Originally posted by Rabenreich
Norway beats Sweden!
Just for their Blackmetal...Sure I like swedish Deathmetal much but can you tell me any bands of Sweden that technically beat Emperor?

THEORY IN PRACTICE, OPETH, THE FORSAKEN, MUTANT and many more bands

Or any that are more grim than (OLD) Mayhem,Burzum and Darkthrone?

more maybe not, byt CRAFT and ARMAGEDDA are grim as hell

Well...Norway has some good deathmetal too,Enslaved for example...

Enslaved is death??? WTF!!! it's viking/rock band now. if you say Norwegian death you must say CADAVER or Blood Red Thorne, Gehenna

Okay I meant Enslaved albums like Frost and Eld....These aren't "rock" for sure ;) Vikingrock for me are bands like Hel,Ultima Thule etc...

But I still think in old "klischees"(don't know how to spell in English...).For deathmetal Sweden is better for sure...But I like this grim Blackmetal more.I know Armagedda and they ARE very grim as you said.But they won't ever beat norway Blackmetal-as Taake for example...but enough of this "my band is better than yours".I'd say those who like deathmetal more would perfer Sweden-the Blackmetallers Norway...mostly.So for the music I mostly listen to Norway beats Sweden :)
But Sweden has the better Viking Metal stuff !

Sweden got Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Diabolical Masquerade etc.
Norway got Dimmu, Tristania, Kovenant.... whales and torsks etc.

You forgot to mention Sweden has Katatonia aswell :p

Someone said that you could ask any norwegian whether the norwegian or swedish scene was "better". Well, I'm norwegian, and I think the swedish scene is better. :eek:

I would say Norway, cause they also makes the best gothic music, like Theatre of Tragedy, The Sins of Thy Beloved, Therion etc, and then there is of course the Norweigian bm, but Sweden also have some damn god bands!!

man.
Blood red throne and Myrkskog
kicks every swedish death metal ever made.
this is the truth :) wait til you hear affilated with the suffering by Blood red throne
you will get blowed away

This is a pretty difficult question, but I'll have to go with Sweden.

I agree that many Norwegian bands are very experimental, and there are many great Norwegian black metal bands. I'd have to say Sweden, though.

I am planning to study abroad in either Norway or Sweden next year. I am still undecided as to where I would like to study. I plan to start learning either language very soon. I can't wait. :)

@Opethian: Finland is cheaper than Sweden or Norway for all it matters. Also, Finnish is probably the most difficult language in the world to learn. So you have a very good reason in that.