Norwegian Translation

Originally posted by ALaRum
Immortal use "Blashyrkh" a fair bit on "Battles in the north"....Just wondering if anyone can help me out on what it is, or what it means????.........

Cheers in advance!:headbang:

it's a fantasy-world that they have created which most of their texts are about.

These are song-titles from Borknagar's first album.

01. Vintervredets Sjelesagn
02. Tanker mot Tind (Kvelding)
03. Svartskogs Gilde
04. Ved Steingard
05. Krigsstev
06. Dauden
07. Grimskalle Trell
08. Nord Naagauk
09. Fandens Allheim
10. Tanker mot Tind (Gryning)

If anyone has this, and can understand some of the lyric, please translate that as well... Thanks so much in advance.

Kippis! :kickass:

1. The Soulsong of the Winterwrath (sounds very weird, but hey)
3. The Feast (didn't find a better word) of Blackwood/Blackforest
6. The Death

The others are more or less impossible to translate. They use old Norwegian words, which are very hard to translate.

No, its not norwegian. It's probably some sort of latin or similar. Im not good at this, but i think it may be something like "the mysteries of satan". please correct me if im wrong.

Spetakkel said:
No, its not norwegian. It's probably some sort of latin or similar. Im not good at this, but i think it may be something like "the mysteries of satan". please correct me if im wrong.
If it's latin, I think the word "Dom" can mean "Sunday" or "Cathedral"

Maybe it means "The Mysteries of Satan's Cathedral?" It would make sense. There is a cathedral on the cover art.

Also I think I heard somewhere that during the recording of the album, Attila was fucking around and improvising on a few songs by singing in English and a few lines in Hungarian.

Maybe it's Hungarian?

no, it's not hungarian, i can assure you. At least thats what i think :D

I was only recognizing the words Mysteriis and Sathanas, and i thougth of "dom" as kind of the same word as "of", but im not very good at this. It must be latin, so maybe some south-europeans may help us out on this one?