not that many people vote on polls.

how come not that many people vote on polls?

• they don't know how

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • they'e lazy

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • they feel their vote won't make a difference

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • they have he same problem I do, where they can only vote at their work computer and not their home c

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • this thread makes no sense

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Do you really think we'll ever have viable third parties on the Presidential level? The Founders envisioned an eternal two-party dominance, under the reasoning that it would force the more radical elements to moderate a little in order to have more than state-level power. That's pretty good reasoning. It's major flaw, I think, is that it didn't forsee exactly how important politics/favors and the cult of image would become in the age of information...I think you'd basically have to change the Constitution in order to get a third party in, and how can that happen with the other two parties in power?

i think it is most definitely possible for the formation of a third party. i think people's disillusionment will help. i think it will be gradual definitely. i'm not even sure if a viable third party will be radically different, but at least maybe they will be more honest.

i think that you're right though... the constitution is majorly flawed in that way. most of the electoral standards really don't help it either you know?

Originally posted by deadair
this thread is WAY too serious... i feel like i had something to do with it going this route.

i'm sorry.

but i am now here to rectify this problem

"fag, penis, sup slut!, boo yaa"

thanks for your time.

this is not viable via the constitution!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

yes, the constitutional process of election will have to be rewritten, but it's about FUCKING TIME.

the founding fathers didn't envision the common people voting AT ALL, not to mention women, ppl of color, etc....

anyhow, yeah we all agree. back to fun posting plz.

This guy?

Bill-nye.jpg

haha, no way, i like bill nye! this dude was seriously developmentally disabled. i think it was an amalgamation of the crazy mad scientist from Titan A.E. and Bruce Willis' mongoloid voice from Pulp Fiction, both of which I watched right before going to bed.

No, he wasn't secretly smart or anything. He was just wearing a lab coat and mixing chemicals and stuff, but I didn't get the impression he knew what he was doing.

btw, my retard-scientist posts do not mean I think serious and funny threads can't co-exist.

secretly smart retarded people seem pretty interesting.

incidentally, i just found out upon mentioning voting that one of my coworkers voted for bush.

You should get right up in her face and be like ARE YOU GLAD YOU VOTED FOR DUMB-YA NOW? NADER WANTED COCKPIT SAFETY DOORS SO 9/11 WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF HE WAS ELECTED!

i didnt even say anything. i just sort of blushed. it's very ironic because she is an advocate for immigrants. i'm like, whoa...

Bush isn't anti-immigrant at all--to his detriment, I think. Because he thinks he'll be able to swing the massive Hispanic vote away from the Democrats if he's very lax with border controls and immigration from Latin countries, he does a lot of crazy pro-immigrant shit (he's like the polar opposite of Buchanan).

I don't think it'll work, though--what the GOP doesn't understand is that legitimate immigrants get REALLY pissy about illegals, and even tend to be wary of legal immigration because they tend to compete for the same jobs. That's why the Texas races often see the Republican being super-against stringent border controls...a huge flood of immigrants provides incredibly cheap labor to the wealthy businessmen, to the detriment of documented workers.