Not to be an asshole

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
There's been alot of members of Anthrax recently not making it to shows and having replacements filling in. I hope we've seen the end of this. Before the bashing begins, I totally understand shit happens and the show must go on. People have families and illness can strike any second. It sucks. Unfortunate . It just blows when you request time off from work, buy tickets in advance and you get less than what your bargained for. Don't get me wrong, Belladonna, Rob, Scott, Vera and Hoglan did a fine job in performing the standard set but it sucked not having Frankie and Charlie there.

I'm not buying tickets to Mayem until the day the tour hits my backyard. I wanna hold out and see which version of Anthrax is playing

Last I saw them was in Feb. I read somewhere that Charlie missed a couple shows last week. Maybe I read it wrong.

BTW, Van Halen just added several shows to their current tour. I bought premium seats for the Baltimore July 15 stop.

The only fill-ins I know of recently was Hoglan filled in for Charlie for a show or 2 last week or some shit in Mexico, on their way to South America where they are now. Charlie has rejoined the band there. I read that he had some 'prior commitment' and couldn't do the Mexico shows.

I understand the disappointment considering Benante is one of the core members of Anthrax, but when you have a guy like Gene Hoglan filling in, it's hard for me to complain. I don't think it really takes away anything from their live show. Now having someone fill-in for Bello is another story. His stage presence is like no other and as the bassist he's obviously much more visible to the crowd than the drummer, so if he wasn't there then you'd notice more.

But again, I do agree that with Hoglan filling in, it's still not really Anthrax even if Hoglan is just as if not more talented and lauded as Benante.

There is dark times in everybodys life. We all must get through them so we can return to the light so darkness can't prevail. One day, when the stars are aligned, that day will return once again...

BTW, Van Halen just added several shows to their current tour. I bought premium seats for the Baltimore July 15 stop.

Most fun I've had at a concert in years! Eddie's playing is on fire!

But if Michael Anthony was replaced by a different bass player...umm...wait a minute...:lol:

Most fun I've had at a concert in years! Eddie's playing is on fire!

But if Michael Anthony was replaced by a different bass player...umm...wait a minute...:lol:

Eddie really is on fire. I love the no frills or no long jams set list. They whiz through a two dozen song set list with four or five off the new LP.
Eddie has alot of shoes to fill in that band being the lone guitarist and handling much of the vocals. I wish MA was still in the band but this version of Van Halen is better than no Van Halen at all. Valerie Bertinelli said that if it wasn't for Wolfie, this new LP or tour would never happen. His son has been the biggest motivator.

The only fill-ins I know of recently was Hoglan filled in for Charlie for a show or 2 last week or some shit in Mexico, on their way to South America where they are now. Charlie has rejoined the band there. I read that he had some 'prior commitment' and couldn't do the Mexico shows.

I understand the disappointment considering Benante is one of the core members of Anthrax, but when you have a guy like Gene Hoglan filling in, it's hard for me to complain. I don't think it really takes away anything from their live show. Now having someone fill-in for Bello is another story. His stage presence is like no other and as the bassist he's obviously much more visible to the crowd than the drummer, so if he wasn't there then you'd notice more.

But again, I do agree that with Hoglan filling in, it's still not really Anthrax even if Hoglan is just as if not more talented and lauded as Benante.

This man speaketh the truth.