My official resignation as an Anthrax fan!

james_janota

New Metal Member
May 10, 2010
I have been a fan of Anthrax through both the Belladonna and Bush eras...loved both equally in their primes, and I care not to participate in the ever-continuing debate as to whom is the better vocalist. After Persistence of Time and seeing them at least 3 times in concert on that tour, I couldn't wait for the follow-up album. I was met with a new singer, who, though I took a little time to warm up to, I eventually grew to absolutely love. I saw them several times over that period. Then after their finest album, We've Come for you All, yes even greater than Among the Living (my humble opinion), and being disappointed a follow-up album wasn't being worked on, I discovered a reunion tour on the horizon. Though troubled I wouldn't see a new Bush era album, I still supported the band and saw them at the House of Blues in Chicago. From that point forward, my loyalty, and the loyalty of the band's ever dwindling fan-base, has been met with rumors from across message boards, a new vocalist every year or so, and interminable band silence to neither confirm nor refute anything. Will Bush return? Will Belladonna stay? Bush and Caggiano are still in the Anthrax family? What does that even mean? Will Belladonna record a new album? What happened to Spitz? Corey Taylor is in the band? Isn't he in like 12 other bands? Caggiano is back? Who's Dan Nelson? Dan Nelson's out? Bush is back? Are they recording a new album with Bush? Is Bush re-recording vocals for Worship Music? Bush is gone? Belladonna was hanging out with Frank and Charlie in New York? Belladonna is back and going to do an album? Why didn't he do that last time? Didn't I see an interview where Charlie and Scott basically called the reunion tour a "must" situation for money and not a "want" situation to move the band forward? How long will it be until Belladonna is out and a new vocalist is announced? Will that new vocalist have to re-record the re-recordings of Belladonna singing Dan Nelson's tunes? How many times will I have to be subjected to this before I simply walk away and disavow my decades-long loyalty to this band? Well, the time has finally come. For disrespecting my loyalty to you, current, former, and future members of Anthrax, I officially declare your band dead to me. I wish you nothing but platinum albums and sold out concerts, but I simply cannot follow you any longer.

I have been a fan of Anthrax through both the Belladonna and Bush eras...loved both equally in their primes, and I care not to participate in the ever-continuing debate as to whom is the better vocalist. After Persistence of Time and seeing them at least 3 times in concert on that tour, I couldn't wait for the follow-up album. I was met with a new singer, who, though I took a little time to warm up to, I eventually grew to absolutely love. I saw them several times over that period. Then after their finest album, We've Come for you All, yes even greater than Among the Living (my humble opinion), and being disappointed a follow-up album wasn't being worked on, I discovered a reunion tour on the horizon. Though troubled I wouldn't see a new Bush era album, I still supported the band and saw them at the House of Blues in Chicago. From that point forward, my loyalty, and the loyalty of the band's ever dwindling fan-base, has been met with rumors from across message boards, a new vocalist every year or so, and interminable band silence to neither confirm nor refute anything. Will Bush return? Will Belladonna stay? Bush and Caggiano are still in the Anthrax family? What does that even mean? Will Belladonna record a new album? What happened to Spitz? Corey Taylor is in the band? Isn't he in like 12 other bands? Caggiano is back? Who's Dan Nelson? Dan Nelson's out? Bush is back? Are they recording a new album with Bush? Is Bush re-recording vocals for Worship Music? Bush is gone? Belladonna was hanging out with Frank and Charlie in New York? Belladonna is back and going to do an album? Why didn't he do that last time? Didn't I see an interview where Charlie and Scott basically called the reunion tour a "must" situation for money and not a "want" situation to move the band forward? How long will it be until Belladonna is out and a new vocalist is announced? Will that new vocalist have to re-record the re-recordings of Belladonna singing Dan Nelson's tunes? How many times will I have to be subjected to this before I simply walk away and disavow my decades-long loyalty to this band? Well, the time has finally come. For disrespecting my loyalty to you, current, former, and future members of Anthrax, I officially declare your band dead to me. I wish you nothing but platinum albums and sold out concerts, but I simply cannot follow you any longer.

Excellent post. The drama is too much for me too. Anthrax, 1981-2005, RIP.

You sound like one of those Emo fags.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher

You sound like one of the few clear-headed fans who can see through the bullshit. Backed 100%.

To be honest I dont care about band drama as longa s the music is good. Thats why I still love Guns N' Roses. Had I cared about who did what to whom and when I would have given up a long time ago. For me its about the music being created. If Anthrax releases a brilliant album in 2010 or 2011 I wouldnt want to miss it because of the revolving door of vocalists.

To be honest I dont care about band drama as longa s the music is good. Thats why I still love Guns N' Roses. Had I cared about who did what to whom and when I would have given up a long time ago. For me its about the music being created. If Anthrax releases a brilliant album in 2010 or 2011 I wouldnt want to miss it because of the revolving door of vocalists.

Amen, Even though I preferred the Joey era of Anthrax to the Bush Era I still bought the CD's and gave them a chance. To not listen to a band because of the drama inside the band is absurd.

Before the internet nobody gave a shit about anything other than the music. Wish it was still that way

I'm not mad at Anthrax for getting Joey back when it was clear that John wasn't into it. They really did try to get John back. It just didn't work out, period. If I was a fan of Joey's voice, I would back this 100%. Unfortunatly, I was never a fan of his voice...I really can't stand it. No disrespect to him personally - I never met him...his voice just isn't my thing. Some people dig him, fine. But I can't really sit back and keep listening to a band who has a singer I don't care for at all. I was going to give them a big chance when Dan was the frontman and a new record was on the way - but I knew I wouldn't like it as much as Bush - I still would have gave it a fair chance. But Dan's voice is tolerable to me - Joey's isn't.

But lets be honest - it was either call Joey or cancel the tour again (and the Big 4 would never happen - it'd just be 3 of the big 4) - and either break up, or look for yet another unknown - which could possibly backfire again like it did with Dan, and leave them in the same place yet again.

I can 100% understand getting Joey this time around...
Though I'll never forgive them for the 2005 reunion. That's what ended me as a fan.

Interesting. You still seem to be here. If you really care that much about one singer to literally stop listening to a bands music you are just a crying little emo fag.

Well if having an opinion different from yours means being an emo fag, then fine if that makes you feels superior. Suit yourself dude...

See you later homo!!!!!

Interesting. You still seem to be here. If you really care that much about one singer to literally stop listening to a bands music you are just a crying little emo fag.

It's not about caring about a singer.

It's as simple as this:

John Bush - singer whose voice I love
Joey Belladonna - singer whose voice I cannot stand, period.

It's not because he's not John. It's because I can't stand his voice. If they got someone whose voice I liked, even if it wasn't John, I'd listen.
The riffs and songwriting that Charlie, Scott, Frankie & Rob comes up with are great. Throw a great singer on there, and you can't miss. But throw a singer that sucks on there (Belladonna, in my opinion), then it will completely ruin it. It's like getting a recipe just right, only to burn the damn casserole at the end.

word..... if the music is good its good, if it aint then it aint.

Anthrax have been ready to go for awhile now and their preferred choice simply didn't want the job. Even though the band themselves prefer Bush, the majority of the fans such as myself prefer Joey and I'm really excited for the new album and tour.

Yessiree. Despite a valiant effort, with Bush, Anthrax couldn't sustain the cashflow necessary to keep the band afloat. I'm not saying it's completely Bush's fault.

Thank God, now that Joey is back, the money begin to flow in. I wonder if they will get to mentor on American Idol.

Thank God, now that Joey is back, the money begin to flow in. I wonder if they will get to mentor on American Idol.

Amen.

I laugh at the Belladonna partisans who actually think his return is going to signal a return to the 80s in regards to sales! Funny stuff. It may signal a return to jam shorts, weiner lyrics, and the frontman with the persona of a partially drowned poodle.

Just look at his gig on "Return of the Killer A's"....I can't quote exactly...and am not sure what song, but he says stuff like: "you like that shit huh?"

GAAAAAAY!!!

Oh well, glad I saw 'em twice with Bush and they released four superior albums I can always listen to.

Rock on boys!:headbang:

I'm more curious how long this will last. If this were a marriage you'd be wondering which party was crazier? If it didn't work out the first two times you think marriage #3 (to the same person) is gonna be any better?! I wish them the best but they should have put a cap in the wounded animal's head and moved forward.

I'm more curious how long this will last. If this were a marriage you'd be wondering which party was crazier? If it didn't work out the first two times you think marriage #3 (to the same person) is gonna be any better?! I wish them the best but they should have put a cap in the wounded animal's head and moved forward.
Dude! there is not a realist in the world who actually thinks that them getting Joey is gonna reignite their career.

Anthrax will implode. Then we will hear it all over again: "Joey wasn't the right singer." "We always wanted Bush", etc. etc. Ad nauseum. Should be a fun ride.

Dude! there is not a realist in the world who actually thinks that them getting Joey is gonna reignite their career.

Anthrax will implode. Then we will hear it all over again: "Joey wasn't the right singer." "We always wanted Bush", etc. etc. Ad nauseum. Should be a fun ride.

Listen there is many a fanboy out there that feels that it will work some of them even have radio shows.

And don't call me dude....

Last edited by a moderator: