Notable Releases: 2015 Edition

do it. its pretty awesome how easily the music floats between doom, black, death, and heavy metal. some of the songs have a lot of groove, some sound like progressive death metal, and the last tune (my favorite) is more in the agalloch/black style. still, all of it is very well crafted with interesting ideas and a wholly unique vibe.

do it. its pretty awesome how easily the music floats between doom, black, death, and heavy metal. some of the songs have a lot of groove, some sound like progressive death metal, and the last tune (my favorite) is more in the agalloch/black style. still, all of it is very well crafted with interesting ideas and a wholly unique vibe.

Good little review. The dynamics and composition of this album are pretty spectacular.

KENMODE: You listened to any new rap this year? The new Vince Staples is kickin my dickin. The new Kendrick Lamar has gotten rave reviews in every worthwhile publication known to man, but I've yet to hear it.

I need another RTJ2

40257281674.jpg

Thanks for letting me know a new Failure album is out....dunderheads

I tried that Fantastic Planet thang a while back and thought it was pretty bad. It reminded me of some semi-popular alt band that would have been praised in Metal Edge magazine back in 1997.

Now that I know YOU endorse it, however, I shall try again.

Honestly, I've always preferred Magnified over Fantastic Planet. Because while I respect Fantastic Planet, I absolutely adore Magnified.

Fantastic Planet is their full on prog/rock opus, and it is very good, but Magnified played to their strengths better: space/hook/pop/rock!

Cool.

Oh hey, that new Tempel album is pretty durn good! I quite enjoy the closing number in particular, really ties the album together. Nice job!