Noticing the small things

No, this is not a profound life appreciation thread, it's the crazy little things I've noticed about this forum's features.

1) When the members online are listed, it's always in a particular order, I'm assuming the first person (usually Lina) in order is who registered first, the newer people being toward the end.
2) No one uses the little icons for posting a thread, I know I don't, and I never notice if people do :eek:
3) I like to read people's profiles, does anybody else bother to do this?
4) E-mail notification is the most annoying thing imaginable, I had this activated for some months, I got about 1000 e-mails every week, combined with all the junkmail I already had, whoosh.
5) Smilies are an integral part of this board, I don't know about you, but I find myself upset that I can't use them on IRC, and I use them a lot, since they are so cool.
6) I have no life, considering I'm doing this
7) Those little bastard envelopes that tell you if you've read it or not will go white, red, blue, I never know wtf it means, I know that white is supposed to mean unread, but sometimes red ones are unread, and sometimes white ones I've already read, AHH

Tell me the little stuff you notice.

"4) E-mail notification is the most annoying thing imaginable, I had this activated for some months, I got about 1000 e-mails every week, combined with all the junkmail I already had, whoosh. "

hah! i got threatened by hotmail that they would close my account for having so many messeages:lol: had to turn that crap off.

ps: for some unknown reason im in a really, really happy mood right now:confused:

Yeah, I used e-mail notification the first week or so I was here and decided that was a bad idea. It would be ridiculous now. I hope Jannet doesn't have this option turned on, but she's never away from here so she doesn't miss anything. :p

I enjoy reading the profiles occasionally. Some of the stuff people say is interesting, especially when they show preference to one instant messenger service.

Smilies are an integral part of this forum...no question about it. Many threads only contain smilies. They can show so many emotions without saying anything. :rolleyes:

I have seen the little envelopes and wondered what they meant exactly but never really bothered to check into detail. I also have no life. ;)

Originally posted by Oyo
1) When the members online are listed, it's always in a particular order, I'm assuming the first person (usually Lina) in order is who registered first, the newer people being toward the end.
THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone has figured out why I'm always first. It's been bugging the hell out of me for the longest time! :lol: :lol: :lol: It used to be in the order of when they signed on that day.

Why does my mailbox say 30% full when it's 100% full? There's a question for Mark.

Oh, Mark....

The longer you're around this forum - the more you "know" people.

I haven't seen too many, if any, people change the way they post. There is consistency amoung each of us - I could probably read half the posts on this forum, and know who wrote it without a name. Either you really know the "person", or that person can keep up quite a persona.

Originally posted by Oyo
oooOO, Someone start a thread like "Guess who I am", and try to type like that person, like if you were trying to be Blackspirit you'd do that smiley that she does (That I can never manage to remember how to make)

Nah - then everyone would cheat and try to be someone else - then probably offend that other person for not accurately portraying them.:rolleyes: