people here like to over rate things

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
i don't want to be an ass...but dudes...i can't agree with most of what you said about "deliverance" and "bloodbath".

bloodbath is nothing but a ordinary death metal project that sounds equal to dismember or even old entombed. so, why don't you go listen to the originals instead of over rating the album (which don't deserve it) saying that it is amazing and stuff just because mikael is there singing? that's the only explanation i can figure out about your behaviour: mikael is there, so it's good stuff...that is the formula you dudes seem to be following...if it's not, what's the reason? the instrumental part done many and many times by other bands?

deliverance is ok and that is all. i can label myself as an opeth fan...i have all the albuns, i like each one (so, i'm not here trying to fuck opeth's name or trying to be boring...i'm just giving my view as a fan like all of you do) but with deliverance i don't know...i'm still listening to it and nothing happens to me as already happened while i listened to the other albuns...it's hard to explain but i think something is missing. there are some good passages but nothing really new to opeth...they could easily record any of these new songs in any album they have released so far (except orchid and morningrise). that's why i really can't stand why many pepole here are saying that the album is a master piece...ok, the album is good but it is very weak in relation to the others...that's what i'm trying to explain.

sometimes i fell like a stranger, a fish out of water 'cause it seems that i'm the only here who thinks like this.

ecto.

your opinion is your's.

AAlthough personally, i tend to disagree with your point that this album is the same as the other albums. Most people have been saying that they find it alot differnet and i agree.

i agree with ya ecto that they tend to get overrated, but i also believe that mikael akerfeldts death growls are the best ive heard, anythin with him on vocals blows me way

and so bloodbath doesn't get you off.. meh... gets me off :)

Bloodbath is cool shit, but it is GENERIC and occasionally BORING...

From what I have heard of the new Opeth, is is good... just drags on in some spots.... kinda like all of the other Opeth stuff...

None of it is bad, but it can get BORING...

So basically what you're saying is "I don't like the album therefore anyone else that does is over rating it" ?

I think Deliverance is brilliant, and no amount of pretentious trolls like yourself will change that for me.

Oh and :

My initial impressions of this album were not very good, apart from the epic opening track I found most of the songs to be quite hard to grasp and found them very difficult to listen to for the entire duration of the song

I said that in the review, and I meant it. I felt just like you did for the first week or so, although I didn't feel the urge to come here and tell everyone that if they like it they're a bunch of fanboys.

If you just got it, then perhaps not judging an album on first listen will save you the embarrasment of looking like a twat in future.

@ectoplasma: I haven't heared Deliverance yet so I can't tell ya my opinion...

about overrating i used to do it... it's just the expectation that flows when the album comes... btw this are just tastes and opinions so you have not to take it that seriously... you know that a review made by another person not being you doesn't means anything to you so just don't read it... just that.

the forum is to get fun and take about opeth things so is normal that opeth fans are excited and tend to overrate albums

the time will tell....

about bloodbath.. hehe anything beats the shit out about Entombed's Left Hand Path.. but you know bloodbath is just a tribute band making cool songs... it never was supposed to be a masterpiece just a back to the roots to show the young people (born on 80s) how was the original death metal back in the late 80s (if u are born on the 70s sure there's nothing new in that, but for the other people maybe they have discovered what Death Metal really means... just that, they're excited, you have to value the ratings under their context, just that)...

don't you think?

The drumming on Deliverance is the best Opeth has put forth (especially on the title track)

Mikael's growling and overall voice projection has matured over the course of their 6 albums

The production gets better (which seems to be a sticking point with a lot of people)

They are still Opeth. They have compromised nothing. And I don't see why you should expect something so utterly different from previous works. That might turn them into Metallica.

If Bloodbath sounded the same but Åkerfeldt wouldn't be doing the vocals (even though they'd still sound the same) they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are.

Well, I've heard Wreath just once, on the radio the other night, and I knew straight away Opeth hadn't compromised on anything. In fact, I could see how the song would take a while to really appreciate, but that's to be expected. The fact that Wreath will take me quite a few listens before I can hear every nuance, is something I'm looking forward too...and I'm expecting this of the whole album.

Masters' Aprentices' is another superb track...very emotive.

anyway, I for one look forward to Deliverance, which as far as I'm concerned, is the stand out album this year.

Originally posted by Ectoplasma
i don't want to be an ass...but dudes...i can't agree with most of what you said about "deliverance" and "bloodbath".

bloodbath is nothing but a ordinary death metal project that sounds equal to dismember or even old entombed. so, why don't you go listen to the originals instead of over rating the album (which don't deserve it) saying that it is amazing and stuff just because mikael is there singing? that's the only explanation i can figure out about your behaviour: mikael is there, so it's good stuff...that is the formula you dudes seem to be following...if it's not, what's the reason? the instrumental part done many and many times by other bands?

deliverance is ok and that is all. i can label myself as an opeth fan...i have all the albuns, i like each one (so, i'm not here trying to fuck opeth's name or trying to be boring...i'm just giving my view as a fan like all of you do) but with deliverance i don't know...i'm still listening to it and nothing happens to me as already happened while i listened to the other albuns...it's hard to explain but i think something is missing. there are some good passages but nothing really new to opeth...they could easily record any of these new songs in any album they have released so far (except orchid and morningrise). that's why i really can't stand why many pepole here are saying that the album is a master piece...ok, the album is good but it is very weak in relation to the others...that's what i'm trying to explain.

sometimes i fell like a stranger, a fish out of water 'cause it seems that i'm the only here who thinks like this.

ecto.

I feel ya bro. It seems everyone else has missed your point, but then again, most people are dumb asses.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
I feel ya bro. It seems everyone else has missed your point, but then again, most people are dumb asses.

thanks dude...people here maybe understood that i hate deliverance or something like.

no i think that what you are failing to see is that by having the thread titled "people here tend to overate things" implies that the opinions those that like the new album alot are wrong, when infact they are just thier opinions. Musical taste is subjective it is a personal opinion. It can't be wrong. (even britney spears likers hehe)

If you had said I personally don't like deliverance as much as their other albums and i was dissapointed by it then i'm sure you would find that people would have reacted differently.

Originally posted by Dreamlord

:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This coming from a pussyboy-idiot like yourself?:lol: :lol:

Come on give me a break, Obviously you are a fool and you continue to display this, just like the rest of your little buddies that share the same mentality as yourself.

Please enough whining eh. :lol: :lol:

:cool:

Originally posted by pac1288

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This coming from a pussyboy-idiot like yourself?:lol: :lol:

Come on give me a break, Obviously you are a fool and you continue to display this, just like the rest of your little buddies that share the same mentality as yourself.

Please enough whining eh. :lol: :lol:

:cool:

this thread is dead!