i'm giving a break...

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
i'm sorry about myself but i'm sick and tired of listening to opeth...i like them but...i don't know...i think they're doing the same albuns always and i'm not so much into that kind of behavior...and it seems that the new albuns will follow this way (except the balad's album, which i hope they'll do something different)...
shit, anyway, it's just my opinion...
maybe some weeks without listening to them make me like opeth again...

ecto.

I just can't agree with that, I just can't believe that someone who has all their albums (do you?) can say such a thing... I mean, the style of the first 2 albums obviously differs from the style on "Still Life" and BWP, it's so obvious!

BTW, funny Mr. Garisson quote there in your sig... :).

I recommend to take a break from listening Opeth (at least one week), and then once a week enjoy Opeth again.

i havent pull out an opeth cd in 2 months , there is really no big deal...its just like food , if you eat to much of something you will eventually hate it , (except dr pepper , ill never tire)

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Opeth is the only good band around, thats completely untrue, but for me, a life without Opeth would be sad and boring. Although, I do take a break from listening to Opeth once a day...when I go to sleep.

There was a time when I was so completely worn out on -all- music that I didn't hear an Opeth song for two, maybe three months. In fact, said jadedness caused me to miss Opeth on their US tour in 2001, which I've been hating myself for since.

It's common to get tired of bands... even great ones like Opeth. If you would have asked me 15 years ago whether I would ever tire of Metallica... I probably would have said, no. My preferences have changed over time... just like directions that bands go in change over time. I still like old Metallica, but I hardly ever listen to them anymore. The good thing is that Opeth is diverse enough to hopefully keep my interest for a longer period of time...
I've been listening to Opeth for 4 years now and I hardly listen to them every day... I hope this will allow me to listen to them for years to come... In addition, unless Opeth is brand new to you, how could you listen to them every day? I mean there are a ton of other bands out there that are producing excellent music as well.

Originally posted by Monsterxman
It's common to get tired of bands... even great ones like Opeth. If you would have asked me 15 years ago whether I would ever tire of Metallica... I probably would have said, no. My preferences have changed over time... just like directions that bands go in change over time. I still like old Metallica, but I hardly ever listen to them anymore. The good thing is that Opeth is diverse enough to hopefully keep my interest for a longer period of time...
I've been listening to Opeth for 4 years now and I hardly listen to them every day... I hope this will allow me to listen to them for years to come... In addition, unless Opeth is brand new to you, how could you listen to them every day? I mean there are a ton of other bands out there that are producing excellent music as well.

Well said.

The albums are much more different than people give them some give credit for...