November '08 East Coast Shows

I don't know why they've seemed to ignore the hell out of "Wicked" when they play Odyssey material live. That song absolutely SLAYS live and has way more of a groove than "King Of Terrors".

Oh well, I missed them at the Nokia; so I will be at the Jersey show tomorrow nite.

Oh man... the troops are being rallied. It's looking more and more promising that I'll be at the Philly show.

yeah u should def. go. im going i got my tickets. They are probably not going to come back for a while so i mean if u got nothing to do saturday night u should go.

There are 3 opening acts again though which is hell.... im assuming SX is not gonna come on till like 9- 9:30 PM

yeah u should def. go. im going i got my tickets. They are probably not going to come back for a while so i mean if u got nothing to do saturday night u should go.

There are 3 opening acts again though which is hell.... im assuming SX is not gonna come on till like 9- 9:30 PM
Well, I have nothing else to do, which is cool. I mean I have a TON of actually hard work to do for once on Sunday morning, but fuck it.

BUT, PA's getting a ton of snow right now, at least the western half. So right now the only factor is, "Am I going to be driving 6 hours both ways in a snowstorm?"

Well, I have nothing else to do, which is cool. I mean I have a TON of actually hard work to do for once on Sunday morning, but fuck it.

BUT, PA's getting a ton of snow right now, at least the western half. So right now the only factor is, "Am I going to be driving 6 hours both ways in a snowstorm?"

yep you are right with the snow and wow i forgot about the 6 hours part which is a tough decision. however i did check the weather and it says it is not going to snow saturday night... it just says party cloudy. I am sure there will be tickets available the night of the show so i guess you can make a last minute decision which will have to be like 12 PM on saturday :) i mean good luck though. if u r going with another person, i think it is worth it

I was there last night as well. Being my first SX show..I was blown away to say the least. VIP tix..Up front,..first row..between Romeo and Russell..what more could a girl ask for!! What a heck of a show..I'll definately be catching these guys again when they make their way back to this area!!!

Ahh, I think I remember you! :D

The set list at the Long Island show last night was the same. The show was fucking phenomenal. Possibly the best of all the times I've seen them.

Intro
Eve of Seduction'
Evolution
Inferno
The Serpent's Kiss
Paradise Lost
Church of the Machine
King of Terrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Revelation / Divine Wings VII
------------------------
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Of Sins and Shadows

The set list at the Long Island show last night was the same. The show was fucking phenomenal. Possibly the best of all the times I've seen them.

Intro
Eve of Seduction'
Evolution
Inferno
The Serpent's Kiss
Paradise Lost
Church of the Machine
King of Terrors
Smoke and Mirrors
------------------------
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Of Sins and Shadows

You da mang, mang. Thanks again :worship:rock::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Went there last night. Awesome show, awesome venue. Sound was very good, I could hear everything. A little lacking in overall low end beefiness. Also Jason Rullo was clearly not on his game. Tempo especially all over the place. Most songs were slow, many fills rushed. He was playing accurately, and playing some great stuff, but tempos definitely were the only downfall of the night, and that might just be me nitpicking. Everyone was on their game otherwise, and Russ was hilarious. "I... LIKE you...."

I don't post here often except to check what's going on during the tour, but I loved last night's show. Absolutely the best time I've seen them on this tour and the new songs in the setlist (and new order) were a welcome change.

That whole bit with Russell and the "I like you...but I love you and you and you and you" and everything was really funny. The whole night was great although I do agree with you that Jason was just messing up all over the place. It wasn't terribly sloppy (hey I couldn't do better, that's some relentless drumming in that set!) but still, a lot of slower tempos and botched fills...I think at one point I saw him drop like 3 or 4 sticks in a row mid groove or whatever you want to call it...oh well, everyone else was on top of it and Russell was really funny with his little bit of improv at the end of Revelation.

Ok--and will I remeber you????

I was the brown-haired girl with the gray sweatshirt near the front of the VIP line with her mom... :)

I just read your review -- good stuff! I agree with you, being up front and able to get lost in the energy is one of the best feelings in the world. I saw Hypersolid last month when they opened for Kamelot -- they had a different vocalist, and I think I liked the one from last night's show a bit better. The moshing during some parts of the show was slightly annoying, but the music itself was totally worth it.

I was the brown-haired girl with the gray sweatshirt near the front of the VIP line with her mom... :)

I just read your review -- good stuff! I agree with you, being up front and able to get lost in the energy is one of the best feelings in the world. I saw Hypersolid last month when they opened for Kamelot -- they had a different vocalist, and I think I liked the one from last night's show a bit better. The moshing during some parts of the show was slightly annoying, but the music itself was totally worth it.

YES!!! I remember you--how cool is that..and thanks for the nice words about the blog..let me know if you are ever back at the Palladium..maybe we can meet for real this time!!!

I believe this was the setlist for the Philly show. I might be missing a song but overall it was a pretty good show. Jason Rulio was kind of rusty at times especially domination but overall this was great! My only real complaint is that the set was kind of short and there were 3 opening bands which took a lot of time. Russell Allen is one funny guy!

Intro
Set The World on Fire
Domination
The Serpent's Kiss
Inferno
Paradise Lost
King of Terrors
Smoke and Mirrors
------------------------
Eve of Seduction
Of Sins and Shadows

I really don't like it when there's a bunch of opening bands that detract from Symphony X's set time. Even if the opening bands are good (which they rarely are), I'd still rather hear more from Symphony X. I say one opening band maximum, and two if absolutely necessary, but three is overkill.