NOVEMBERS DOOM, WOODS OF YPRES, SACRED DAWN - Chicago!

There was also a nice small write up in this week's Reader. It was more about Earthen Grave but the Reader always ignores metal shows and it was actually nice to see a little push for this show.

Yeah well also could be because Reggie's website is advertising it as being the "Earthen Grave" show predominantly *sigh* We can never win.

Yeah well also could be because Reggie's website is advertising it as being the "Earthen Grave" show predominantly *sigh* We can never win.

With no disrespect to Sasha, maybe you guys need Scott Davidson to drum for you guys as well. :lol: Add Rachel Barton Pine on violin, and watch the ND/My Dying Bride comparisons really get ramped up!

Unfortunately I'm not going to make the headline show, but I know the band will kick serious ass!

Well I meant no disrespect to Earthen Grave whatsoever, I think they're great and I'm really glad to have them on the bill!

Hell I wouldn't be against working with someone like Rachel on a song or something, she's a great talent. At this point I couldn't really care anymore about the ND/MDB comparisions, people are going to make them regardless of what we do or don't do.

Larry - I know, I was just joking. My first thought was that Reggie's may see that Scott is their drummer and Rachel is in the band too, so their notoriety gets bumped up slightly based on that. I love Scott - Rebel Radio is what exposed me to so many bands about 15 years ago, it's just that he seems to drum for about 5 different bands at any given time. :)

Reggie's isn't really a metal club, per se.
The guys who run it, who are cool dudes, are more from the pop punk scene.
They chose to branch out to metal, for obviou$ reasons. It sells now.

Therefore, to them, they are promoting it as an EARTHEN GRAVE show for one reason, they are playing last. I don't think this is a REBEL RADIO show or anything, so I don't think this has anything to do with what pull Scott Davidson might have.

i can complain all i want!! well, not about you guys playing localy, but ill still complain!!!!!

Thanks for the show last night guys! It was an excellent set. Major metal props to Paul for continuing to fight through the back pain the later part of the set. There was no need to apologize to us for any effects it was having. It was clearly pretty intense, you should have just gone to sit on one of the amps and sang from there! :)

It was good to see the usual crowd; this was my first show since Iron Maiden last summer in Rosemont. I need to get out more!

Ken

Thanks Ken... This was the first time my back got so bad I couldn't stand there. I was disappointed in myself, and I never want to give any less then 100%. It's hard to not apologize for it, you guys didn't pay to see me half ass it at the end. Hopefully this won't happen live again. It's something I deal with in my personal life from time to time, but I do my best to keep it from the stage. I've been having trouble with my back for the past several days, so I know it was going to be a rough night, but I just didn't expect that.

So I apologize to by bandmates and to the fans. You guys all deserve better from me.

I agree, no need for apologies, we in the band and our fans certainly understand and know the deal and it's all understood. I'm just glad I could remember those words! lol I should be the one apologising for making people have to listen to me sing haha

What a great night!!! Paul - hope you are feeling better man. We all certainly understand. No need to apologize.
Thanks for HARMONY DIVINE. Always great to hear one live that I never heard before.

Not sure if the whole bass player issue is going to be officially addressed or not.
Who is Mike though? He certainly looks familiar.
He did a good job. Always impressed by non-pick bassists.

Woods were very enjoyable as well!
Their singer is a dead ringer for SETH GREEN!!! :)

Even though I was tired as hell, I stuck around for Earthen Grave.
It took a while to get into them at first, but once they got their groove, they were solid.
Seeing Rachel perform is a treat. I never thought I would enjoy a performance involving Violins like that!
Also, they covered my fav Witchfinder General tune, in "Burning a Sinner" and ended with Trouble's "At The End of My Daze"

Great night... Great turnout. Great venue!!!!

Good to see so many familiar faces too.