NOVEMBERS DOOM, WOODS OF YPRES, SACRED DAWN - Chicago!

David will have to post the set list, as some of the title elude me. They played 3 songs I know for sure... Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground, and from W4, Everything I touch Turns to Gold (then to coal) and By the Time You Read This (I will Already Be Dead)

I thought Woods was fantastic. AMAZING energy. I can't wait to do this again guys. Maybe on a tour? :)

Shams of Optimism
Crossing the 45th Parallel
Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground
A Meeting Place And Time
Everything I touch Turns to Gold (then to coal)
By the Time You Read This (I will Already Be Dead)
Thrill of the Struggle

The novembers doom set blew my socks clear into orbit \w/

Great set Sat night fellas!
I have only lurked here, but never posted.
You may have seen me on the ND forum.

David, your Gibson is sick! What does that thing have, like 3 humbucking (or whatever they are called) pickups????

My fav song from your set was "Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground"

Hey Jasonic,

Thanks for the kind words man! Our first show in Chicago was great!

David, your Gibson is sick! What does that thing have, like 3 humbucking (or whatever they are called) pickups????

Thank you, and yes! I always keep it in the bridge position live, for the best heavy sound, but we used the other pickups to get different sounds in the recording of WOODS 4 (I used that guitar for all the rhythm guitars).

I hope to be working WITH the Gibson company someday. Until then, I like to show off their guitars just because I like them (this is my third Gibson SG!), and because my heroes in CROWBAR, ENSLAVED, AMORPHIS and BORKNAGAR play Gibson SGs, too!

This white 'UNREST' Gibson SG guitar is actually still for sale. Lots of inquiries but no buyer yet. My reasons for selling: 1) I am shopping for the NEXT Woods SG and 2) I'm a minimalist, and I don't want guitars I don't need, won't use. Also, like I mentioned, I used it to record all of Woods 4, so I feel that it's work with me is done. Time to find it a new home.

I had a great time at the show, WoY were excellent as I knew they would be, and I was glad to hear the new tunes. That new album is fucking GREAT.

We'd love to have you back with us again, whether just for a show like this one or for more, depending on whatever works for you guys at the time.

I am a bass player myself, but for some reason, never cared for Gibson basses.
The guitars are a different story.

I noticed your bassist plays a Fender Jazz Bass.
I had one of those once, and am back in the market for it again.
Always dug Fender basses when I had them in the past.

Sorry to get off topic!!!