Novembre song theme/content

Apr 8, 2005
Hey guys.

Well I'm kinda new to Novembre and as the cds are like impossible to find I just finally got Classica (awesome as you already know), but I've been reading up alot on their lyrics and stuff lately and have come to the conclusion: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. So yeah if any of you guys could tell me something about what the lyrics on Classica or any of their lyrics in general are usually about or themed on that would be great thanks.

(Also do any of the guys from Novembre actually post here?)
Seeing as it's the unofficial forum I doubt it but it would be pretty cool to actually hear from them in person, thats what makes the Vintersorg forum really awesome.

The Minds Eye said:
Hey guys.

Well I'm kinda new to Novembre and as the cds are like impossible to find I just finally got Classica (awesome as you already know), but I've been reading up alot on their lyrics and stuff lately and have come to the conclusion: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. So yeah if any of you guys could tell me something about what the lyrics on Classica or any of their lyrics in general are usually about or themed on that would be great thanks.

(Also do any of the guys from Novembre actually post here?)
Seeing as it's the unofficial forum I doubt it but it would be pretty cool to actually hear from them in person, thats what makes the Vintersorg forum really awesome.

I've never really read the lyrics on Classica besides one song that was basically just a portrait of a very dark society in the future (Onirica East maybe?). Novembrine Waltz at least was largely about nature and man's relation to it in the past (many of the songs seemed to be sort of like old European or Native American mythology or something, especially Flower and Everasia)...what little I remember about Dreams D'Azur's was about the same too. I don't think they generally have any consistent themes, though I would suspect Classica has some connecting themes based on the Tales from a Winter to Come/Winter 1941 musical connection.

Carmelo writes everything in the form of metaphors, or at least a great part of his lines are metaphors. So that's like, really difficult to tell WHAT subject he's into on a given lyric. Generally speaking, his subjects from what I can tell are like Nature, european places, relationships, future. As for any member hanging here, from what I heard, none of the members post here, but Giuseppe did browse through the forum sometime ago (at least before me'ra luna fest)
And btw wankerness, it's not Onirica East that treats the subject of dark society in the future, it's L'epoque Noir :)

Btw, Novembre lyrics are probably the best lyrics I've read!

Oh, yeah, that was the song, I WAS WRONG

As for their lyrics being great, that's pretty much a load...they're pretty dang bad for the most part, surely mostly due to the fact that english is not their first language! Novembrine Waltz's are pretty good sometimes but the older cds' are pretty clunky.

erishkigal said:
English is my first langauge and I aggree with Nostalgiaplatz.
What lyrics do you like wankerness?

The best album lyrically I can think of off-hand is "Remedy Lane" by Pain of Salvation. What Novembre songs do you think have good lyrics? I like those to Flower, Come Pierrot, and Conservatory Resonance, but mostly dislike their others. Winter 1941 (THE PIANO FALLS! x394, wtf!), Everasia (NEW GEOMETRY!), and many others have pretty bad ones. I sort of like those to The White Eyed too.

some of the best lyrics ive read are on Dissection's storm of the lights bane... quite poetic if you ask me. i also think that pete helmkamp from angelcorpse wrote really good lyrics. carmelo's arent bad at all IMO... maybe i say that cause i suck at writing lyrics and probably couldnt do better with a gun to my head... but one of my favorite lines is from venezia dismal... "when the magic rain of this merry confetti dance, is nothing but our icy tears from beyond our skyclad masks"...and the lyrics to "Will" are perfect.

just my opinion though.

Uhm wasn't Pete Helmkamp a "little" nazi? :D I think Novembre lyrics are quite all very good 'cause of metaphors, Everasia too is really lovely... maybe i just dislike "The Music" from those i remember...

wankerness said:
The best album lyrically I can think of off-hand is "Remedy Lane" by Pain of Salvation. What Novembre songs do you think have good lyrics? I like those to Flower, Come Pierrot, and Conservatory Resonance, but mostly dislike their others. Winter 1941 (THE PIANO FALLS! x394, wtf!), Everasia (NEW GEOMETRY!), and many others have pretty bad ones. I sort of like those to The White Eyed too.

what's wrong with "the piano falls" and "new geometry"?? :D

wankerness said:

Conservatory Resonance, is def good. I also like Sirens in Filth a lot. Nostalgiaplatz, Onirica East, old lightouse tale,,, all of them really.
I like the piano falls part. I guess the new geometry part is not very good but the meaning comes accross okay I suppose.

although i'm sure everyone here will dissagree,,, I think Varg Vikernes of Burzum is a very talented lyric writer. I think I may be one of the only black metal fans in this room :|

erishkigal said:
although i'm sure everyone here will dissagree,,, I think Varg Vikernes of Burzum is a very talented lyric writer. I think I may be one of the only black metal fans in this room :|

i'm a big fan of burzum too :D and i completely agree,he has written some wonderful lyrics..i think det som en gang var is the song with the most beautiful lyrics ever :)

Better not to say what I think about Burzum and related stuff :D Black metal lyrics interesting? uhm i can't remember one like that... :p
Apart from Novembre, I find great or nice lyrics into Nevermore, Dismember, Katatonia, Nenia, Dredg, Killswitch Engage, Anathema, Room With A View, Hatebreed, The Old Dead Tree, Pantera, Rain Paint, Fragile Hollow, and obviously Machescazo (http://www.machescazo.tk) and Isacaarum :lol:

erishkigal said:
Conservatory Resonance, is def good. I also like Sirens in Filth a lot. Nostalgiaplatz, Onirica East, old lightouse tale,,, all of them really.
I like the piano falls part. I guess the new geometry part is not very good but the meaning comes accross okay I suppose.

If you rephrase you sentence to fit in like "I may be one of the only raw/shitty/tr00 kvlt black metal fans in this room :|" I can agree with you, cuz I like (mostly avantgarde) black metal and if we look closely into Wish I Could Dream It Again...some of the songs in there, are pretty blackish!
howdy.gif

Nostalgiaplatz said:
If you rephrase you sentence to fit in like "I may be one of the only raw/shitty/tr00 kvlt black metal fans in this room :|" I can agree with you, cuz I like (mostly avantgarde) black metal and if we look closely into Wish I Could Dream It Again...some of the songs in there, are pretty blackish!
howdy.gif
[/QUOT

agree. :D

No, In Deum Maledicus dates to 95, Wish I Could Dream It Again dates to 94 :)

But what really makes me think it sounds like black metal isn't mainly the drums, but the vox and the suffocating atmosphere and the rawness of this album!

And btw, if you read the interviews, you can see that Giuseppe and Carmelo like bands such as Dark Throne and Mayhem (or was it Marduk?)

in the wish I could dream it again Carmello is wearing a Burzum tshirt =)

Also in novembrin waltz he says he considers burzum and bathory fundamental. I think those are the only two black metal bands that make it to the list.