When did you get into Novembre?

Divatkreació

Nebulous termini
Jul 21, 2005
Rovaniemi, Finland
www.audioscrobbler.com
Okay, so where and when did you hear Novembre for the first time? And how did you first re-act on such great band? :yuk: or :hotjump: ?

I myself was donloading music, mostly doom metal in order to know more about it. So somehow someone thought that Novembre is doom metal and accidentally the song Tales from a winter to come got to my computer. I listened it first and I liked it. Then I heard Swim seagull in the sky´but I couldn't find more. I searched for months from shitty servers and finally I found Child of twilight, Distances and Conservatory resonance and I finally fell in love with the band:) I've been a fan over a year now. *Happy owner of Classica, Novembrine and Dreams* (as the search for Arte Novecento continues on)
And the ultimate fav songs are Child of twilight, Distances, Sirens in filth, Nostalgiaplatz, Venezia dismal and Homecoming.

I heard Arte Novacento just after they had released it, but straight away it didnt grab me for some reason...think because at that time I was just listening to Opeth all the time. Then when they brought Classica out I bought it and fell in love with it, then went back and got hold of wish i could... and that I liked even more! Then Arte Novacento just kind of clicked and from then on I just couldnt get enough :D, everything they did was gold.

I think Dreams D'Azur release was the one that got me the most, I loved Wish I Could... so much and to hear all those songs with much better production and songs developed so much, was amazing...like they made perfect songs even more perfect.

As I said in another thread, I bought "Wish..." in 1996. Since then Novembre is one of my favourite bands.

Favoutite songs: Will, Nursery Rhyme, The Dream Of The Old Boats, Swim Seagull In The Sky, Behind My Window/My Seas Of South, Old Lighthouse Tale, Nostalgiaplatz.

About 2-3 years ago, after their gig here with Kreator and Moonspell, I was talking to friend (huge fan of Kreator) who had been to that show. And I was bored trying to find new bands, so I asked him to consider telling me some decents bands to look up and he said Novembre. I looked them on audiogalaxy and d/l'ed My Starving Bambina and Flower. I heard MSB first, but didn't have any spontaneous reaction to it...something new and so I kept it on disk, a few weeks later I remembered about Novembre and felt like listening to it again and well...that was about it. Then I got into Arte Novecento and Wish and...downloaded all their albums, but now I can produly say I am have em.

Some favorite songs (at this time): Homecomming, Nursery Rhyme, Will, Nostalgiaplatz, My Starving Bambina, Flower, The White Eyed, Chrystal

I just heard of Novembre on the net..everyone was saying how great they were..I was curious so I downloaded Classica,listened to it and my reaction was :yuk: lol :D That happened about two years ago..I kept not listenting to them,but last year,I don't remember why,I downloaded Novembrine Waltz..I didn'y like it much..much I said to myself..hey everyone says thery're great..why???So i tried to listen to it again and I found out it was good :eek: and so on..in short,now they're my favourite band :) My favourite songs are Winter 1941,Come Pierrot,Nostalgiaplatz,Christal,The white eyed,Behind my window/My seas of south,Flower,Nursery Rhyme and Sirens in filth. :D

i guess someone off the opeth form (back then when it was decent) drew some comparison between novembre and opeth, so i tried a couple of songs. i don't remember where i got the first one, but i've been hooked almost instantly.

it was around 2001-2002 when i first heard novembre, i was a part of many different groups on audiogalaxy, and someone sent it there. come pierrot was the song... fell in love instantly.

I first heard novembre through a friend back in 97, he had 'wish' on tape.

i didnt really think much of it when i heard it, cause i couldnt get passed carmelo's clean vocals, but i thought the music was great. i never got a copy of the tape cause i didnt have a tape player, and just kinda forgot about them, mainly cause i was so into on Opeth at the time. then classica came out, and once i heard that, i was hooked. Onirica East is still one of my favorite tunes 5 years later.

can't wait for the new album!

Perhaps I wrote it already somewhere else on this forum.
It's been back in Autumn 1996, when I got a copy taped from a penpal of mine.
I was already into Catacomb since a couple of years or so and 'Wish...' had been already unleashed, but I hadn't heard it yet. Luckily tape-trading has always worked well and got this copy. Another friend of mine told me that I had to absolutely hear how the vocalist was out of tune, he, he, he...
... and I fell in love with their music, they're what the music is ...
About one year after, I found a copy of 'Wish...' among the mid-prices cd and bought it... a few months later, 'Arte Novecento' was released and these 2 must are probably still my fave records of the band so far.

Fave songs ever - Dreams of the old boats
- first song heard, first love, all times fave... now, always and forever -
Behind my window/My seas of South
Homecoming - Nursery Rhyme - Will
Nostalgiaplatz
Everasia
Flower

Nostalgiaplatz said:
You mean like you didn't like Carmelo's clean vox? and if so, did your opinion changed?
yeah, when i first heard carmelo's clean vox i did not like them at all.

but when i heard them on classica i liked them a lot more. usually once you fall in love with an album its easier to go back to the stuff you didnt like so much with a new perspective. after many years of listening to this band i still have to say 'novembrine' is my favorite album. every song is just amazing, but i do skip 'cloudbusting' quite often hehe.

this new album should be great as well...

anyone know an official release date?
i tried getting an advance copy from peaceville, but they have neglected to answer my emails.

I tried contacting peaceville prior to the official news, but their emails are broken and got an instantaneous reply back telling the servers were down.

And btw, I love Cloudbusting, it's much better than the original one by Kate Bush, the lyrics are awesome as well!

heh. WELL,,
if wankerness reads this, he must know I have him to thank for my Novembre fandom.

I was just getting into metal, I think my favorite band at the time was Children of Bodom (which I dont like very much at all nowadays)
and I downloaded a powertab of Comme Pierrot.
Just the midi, I thought was so cool, then I found Nostalgiaplatz midi, loved that even more.

I remember sitting on the computer listening to shitty midi instead of real music.

Needless to say, I paid a lot of money to import classica to New Zealand, after hearing no 'real' music from them. Put it on,,,,,,,,

best night of my life.

erishkigal said:
heh. WELL,,
if wankerness reads this, he must know I have him to thank for my Novembre fandom.

I was just getting into metal, I think my favorite band at the time was Children of Bodom (which I dont like very much at all nowadays)
and I downloaded a powertab of Comme Pierrot.
Just the midi, I thought was so cool, then I found Nostalgiaplatz midi, loved that even more.

I remember sitting on the computer listening to shitty midi instead of real music.

Needless to say, I paid a lot of money to import classica to New Zealand, after hearing no 'real' music from them. Put it on,,,,,,,,

best night of my life.

you moved me to tears :cry:

Mmm I think it was fall 2001 when a friend (now singer in Natrium, when I think about his likes it sounds strange to me) passed me "Classica"... i listened to it and found it just nice with some good peaks, i remember i fell in love with "My starving bambina" but it was probably the only one I kept in my mind with no confusion about tracks.. and it's quite the same now sometimes, maybe 'cause i always used to listen to it with no skip... then i put them apart for a while until I met a girl that made me re-discover them with Novembrine Waltz... since then i've been totally insane about them and started buying everything till my collection was more than complete... Now that i've met them and saw them on stage i'm more quiet and less Novembre-centric, even 'cause I've known Katatonia and Dredg :D but i still love their music as one of my favorites bands above all.

The first time I heard novembre was for about one and a half year ago. I had pretty recently gotten into metal (about one half year ago at that time) so I was looking on the internet for bands similar to Katatonia. I don't remember where I got it from, but I checked out novembre. I really loved them from the moment I heard them. Today they are one of my favourite bands.