Novembre, do you like them?

Jester-Race

Nov 8, 2006
Kansas.
I absolutely love this band, it took awhile to sink in but after hearing such a crazy amount of music I must say that I love Novembre, although I assume they aren't that great live which is fine, from what I've read.

Their cd production and musical atmospheres are phenomenal. I absolutely Love Novembrine Waltz, Materia, and The Blue respectivelly. Lyrically amazing as well as they use their own native language, which Italian is quite stunning to hear.

Highlights:
-------------
Verne
Aquamarine
Jules
The Promise Cover
Materia
Nothijngrad
Distances
Everasia
Venezia Dismal
Conservatory Resonance
Treisteliana
Zenith
Argentic
Deorbit
Cobalt of March
Aenemia

Honestly, these guys are great, and I just had to make this thread to appreciate them more.

Great listening, easily one of my top favorite bands. Whatchu think?

Yeah, Materia is great, and it's such a highly underrated album of theirs. The Blue is really good too, but the songs blend into one another a little too much, and it makes the cd drag a bit.

I got into them at about the same time I heard Opeth back in 2001. Novembrine Waltz is one of the very best cds I've ever heard in any genre, and anyone who likes Opeth should at least give it a spin. It's definitely a very different style but they're about the only band I'd actually compare to Opeth in terms of quality and roughly similar style. Classica, Arte Novecento, and Wish I Could Dream it Again were also excellent albums, though none came close to NW.

A year or two later they rerecorded wish i could dream it again as "Dreams D'Azur" - the rerecording has better sound and the clean vocals are greatly improved, and MOST of the songs are essentially identical to the originals, but a couple of them got changed for the worse imo (Christal and Let Me Hate for sure, that might have been all). Classica/WICDIA are both a bit more "metal" than NW, with sections here and there sounding almost black metallish and fewer clean vocals. Arte Novecento has exclusively clean vocals, and has possibly the best song they ever wrote (Nursery Rhyme) along with a few other good ones, but is brought down by the very, very offkey vocals on a couple songs and some lackluster tracks. Also, there's a questionable Depeche Mode cover.

When Materia came out it was kind of a let down as the songs are a lot more "poppy," but over time I grew to love it and now think it's very nearly an equal to Novembrine Waltz. The Blue is overlong and kind of mushes together, but it's certainly not BAD. It really went back to their early stuff for inspiration and sounds like a combo of WICDIA and Materia, with that one early katatonia ripoff thrown into the mix. The best thing about it is probably the glorious return of Giuseppe Orlando as the most entertaining drummer in metal. I absolutely love his playing on every album but Materia, where he really restrained himself.

IMO the best band from my country, and one of my alltime favourites as well

WICDIA/Dreams D'Azur and Classica have to be my favourite albums by them, but i really like all their releases

I thought their last two releases were superb. The band don't really make seperate songs do they, they all sound pretty similar but have loads of high and low stand out points.

Great band! I've only heard Materia and The Blue. Materia is amazing, 'nuff said! The Blue is great too, but for some reason, the vocals seem a little low in the mix. Could be just me though. But, yeah, they're great!

Novemrbre is amazing, I have The Blue and Materia cd's, and alot of their earlier work on my ipod. Absolutely great band that honestly should be right beside Opeth because of their talent. Even better that they try to perfect their production so much instead of just being lazy and sounding sloppy.

And yeah, Materia did sound crystal clear compared to The Blue. It was ona the things that made me like Materia a bit more, plus there weren't as many catchy parts in The Blue. Despite how I missed the growls on Materia, the few that were on there were much better than the growled parts on The Blue. The Materia growls, the way they were written, are so rememberable, and the music behind them were great too. The Blue, basically I only remember the softer parts, like the song Anemia, or the end of Sound Oddyssey, or the song Argentic. Honestly, I think they should have stayed with the sound of Materia a bit more, cuz obviously no one was complaining that they went softer, they became alot more interesting, but they still really impressed me almost equally with The Blue.

Soma their older songs, like Love Story, Cold Blue Steel, Child Of The Twilight, Venisia Dismal, and others are good too.