When did you get into Novembre?

haha. Man,, That poem is Private! hahahaha.

And Pierrot,, were you being sarcastic or did you actually like my tale? (from a winter to come...hah.)

Someone on soulseek recommended me them so I added them to my list of bands to check out, downloaded Swim Seagull in the Sky, and seriously never got sick of it so I checked them out some more, searched the web, looked for their official site (was down) but found someone here's fansite yesterday, I came here for the Vintersorg forum and somehow didnt even notice my other favourite band has a forum on the same site!. Just started getting into them at the start of this year actually, man I had been missing out so much.

Vintersorg is awesome. The new album is already being recorded and his new project called Waterfield, which is Symphonic Prog. rock, is about to release an album in jan 2006 :)

Welcome The Minds Eye.

Nostalgiaplatz said:
Vintersorg is awesome. The new album is already being recorded and his new project called Waterfield, which is Symphonic Prog. rock, is about to release an album in jan 2006 :)

Welcome The Minds Eye.

I know :D I've already spoken to him about it on this site! New Havayoth is also in the process (his gothic metal project in case you didnt know).

And Thanks for the welcome, people are really friendly here.

I have listened to Novembre a few times before, but they are really starting to sink in right this instant :Spin: Theres no way/where I can get my hands on Classica is there?

EDIT: or Novembrine Waltz?

"Novembrine Waltz" was their first album I had bought...I'd only listened to "Come Pierrot" before that, but it was more than enogh to pique my interest.

about 2 years ago. just listened to them a ton on myspace, then finally ordered the blue and materia. had to do some serious shopping on ebay to find classica and novembrine waltz. classica is my favorite now!

I think it was 2004 when I first time heard Novembre. I was listening Opeth very much that time and started to look similar bands with Progressive Metal elements.. then I found their name in www.metalstorm.ee "Similiar bands to Opeth" .. so I downloaded one of their songs and it was Everasia.. it didn't hit at first time but it wasn't bad.. so after some weeks or months it started to sound better and better.. and then I downloaded dreams and soon after that novembrine and in the end them all.. Everasia is one of my favourite songs with old boats, come pierrot, swim seagull in the sky and my starving bambina

also I'm happy owner of classica, waltz, dream and materia

Aol Metal chat...alot of internet 'tough guys' were way into the band. Judging from the name I was pretty sure they were under the umbrella of some sort of melodic death doom, or melodic/melancholic depressing death/black metal and thereof. I was sent a few songs off Classica and I bought their records since. I still need Arte Novencio.

Classica is still my fav. and I love one of the bonus tracks off the re-release

I first heard them in 2005, I made a comment in a DC++ hub about an album being "beautiful".. A random person in the hub said something like "You really want a beautiful album check out the album Novembrine Waltz by Novembre" So I did, haha.

Loved it at first listen... without a doubt one of my all time favorite albums now. The rest of their albums soon followed :)

The first album I heard from them was Classica back in '99 when it came out. I loved it, then went out and found Arte Novecento and Wish I Could Dream it Again...both of which unfortunately failed to come anywhere close to the brilliance of Classica both musically and vocally. It was obvious the band really made a huge songwriting jump on Classica, becoming a much better band than they had been on the first two albums.

The first album I heard from them was Classica back in '99 when it came out. I loved it, then went out and found Arte Novecento and Wish I Could Dream it Again...both of which unfortunately failed to come anywhere close to the brilliance of Classica both musically and vocally. It was obvious the band really made a huge songwriting jump on Classica, becoming a much better band than they had been on the first two albums.

It sounds like you've stopped in Classica. Have you tried anything made ever since? Maybe even Dreams D'Azur which is a great sounding remake of WICDIA will make you change your opinions about the early albums. To me Arte Novecento is still a fave.