Novembre song theme/content

As regarding on lyrics, I've always wonder what they say on Pioggia. it happens before they utter "From a timeless rail leaves a train to the stars". I really don't understand. that line is missing on the booklet. is it italian or another mumbling?

Stasera Piovon Gocce... said:
As regarding on lyrics, I've always wonder what they say on Pioggia. it happens before they utter "From a timeless rail leaves a train to the stars". I really don't understand. that line is missing on the booklet. is it italian or another mumbling?

Lights beyond everfalling drops :)

When I read this thread, I've immediately thought abt a couple of old interviews on an extreme Italian mag. called 'Grind Zone', done with Carmelo, and I so I'd like to translate for you what he said in those times, even bcs I don't think you can find interviews of that period online. I was used to buy all the reprints of this (un)holy mag in the beginning and still today I keep the reviews or the interviews together with the case of the cd or the tape, 'cos I like read 'em again, even if many years have passed, while I listen to the songs...

April/May 1995, for ... WISH I COULD DREAM IT AGAIN
----------------------------------------------------
'... Wish I...' is the title of your debut cd; can you introduce it, beginning with an explanation of all the songs included?'
'First of all I have to say that the lyrix ain't got the same importance which got the music, they're there mainly to fill up. By the way, lyrix express sensations and feelings which makes the songs graceful very much.
The album contains 13 songs, the first one is
In THE DREAM OF THE OLD BOATS I try to express the charm, the joy, the hate, the warmTH I felt in a dream I've recently had.
'NOVEMBRE/ITS BLOOD' is bitterness and rage expressed in words.
'NIGHT/AT ONCE' is a personal English translation of the masterpiece by Salvatore Quasimodo 'Ed è subito sera' - which exactly stands for the title of the song in English.
'LET ME HATE' instead is a storm of feelings of black hate expressed both in words and in music.
'SIRENS IN FILTH' is very hard to explain, as the text's very cryptic and deals about suffering. Lyrix are written in a poetic key, since I think that's the closest way to our music.
In 'SWIM SEAGULL IN THE SKY' I imagine I could feel flying to the sky. Me, a human being forever nailed to the earth!
'THE MUSIC' talks about all what I exactly think about the music, something charming and mysterious.
In 'NOSTALGIA/ITS GAZE' I talk about feelings of mine in the presence of the seaside.
'BEHIND MY WINDOW/MY SEAS OF SOUTH' talks about the nostalgia of your homeland, memories, scents and sensations.
'OLD LIGHTHOUSE TALE' is still bitterness.
'THE WHITE EYED' is the story of blind girl in an unreal world.
'NEANDERTHAL SANDS' is my opinion about what we humans are and which is our role in the Universe.
'CHRISTAL' is such a girl which once told me something which made me reflect on the meaning of each thing... - and here the guy who interviewed Carmelo, writes that our Carmelo is such a huge romantic guy, he, he, he ...

=====

March 1998, for ARTE NOVECENTO
---------------------------------
... the cd starts with an arpeggio entitled 'PIOGGIA...',
which introduces the first track 'JANUARY TUNES'. The leitmotiv of both reminds me a lot of 'Giochi Proibiti' - which is a song.
Then follows 'HOMECOMING' which reminds of Kate Bush - Cloud Buster era.
'REMORSE' is an arpeggio in crescendo that after a very high peak of violence comes back to Bathoryean vibes - 'Hammerheart' era.
'WORN CARILLON' for half of his lenght got a dreamily sweetish vibe (beware, not sweet) which to me reminds a lot the music of an old moovie with F. Nuti/O. Muti - who are 2 Italian actors.
'A MEMORY' after an introcution of sounds of magic rivers begins with a riff I'd say à la Voivod that leads all the song.
'NURSERY RHYME' is a song from the abstract vibe, mainly guided by a very strange guitar which plays like a crossing between a 12 strings and one of those very small guitars! Very particular.
'PHOTOGRAPH' is an instrumental song played by bass, drums and keys, entirely composed by Fabio. It's a song which really makes you traveling with your thoughts towards far away places.
'WILL' is an distressed crescendo, which sounds ever more disquieting with the sensation that the song never ends. It's a haunting march towards a very fast part, the only fast part of the cd, which I think leaves the listener deranged!
The cd ends with 'CARNIVAL' that's a very long song. The song is divided in 2 periods. It's probably the best song from 'Arte Novecento'.

As to the cover of 'STRIPPED' by D. Mode, he says that this band are for him one of the greatest bands ever and that their version is very well done and sounds like a typical song by Novembre.

Done this, I go to sleep and cheers everybody.

uh, by the way, what about the two interviews i sent in translated from german? would be nice if they would show up on the foto blu infinita site someday ;)

Thanks a million for Wish lyrical dissection, as for Arte..well, it's a rough song's dissection...not really interesting, since I can do an analysis of that sort myself :)