Novice at the Gates of Doom

Well I've listened to Electric Wizard, Internal Void and Cathedral albums so far and I really like what I've been hearing.

And yeah I'm looking for more traditional doom rather than the super-slow depressive stuff.

You. This thread is about Traditional Doom Metal, not shit like Sleep and everything else you listed.
Have you ever listened to this?

616H8A6MZVL._SS500_.jpg

Not entirely, no. And if this is the aspect of the thread that you're going to harp on, then you can feel free to leave.

Hey I listened to almost all of my new doom albums, and I must say it was a wise decision to take your advice. I'll keep referring to this thread for future doom purchases so keep those recommendations flowing.

hm

the self-titled, both came out the same year, 1976 if I remember correctly. I think s/t is better than Paranoid overall.

also, Sabbath bloody sabbath and Master of Reality are really good and in the same vein.

Yeah I listened to some samples and liked what I've heard on Master of Reality and Sabotage. My local record store has used Sabbath albums super-cheap (3-7 bucks) so it won't be long before I have a complete Ozzy-era Sabbath collection.