Novice at the Gates of Doom

Candlemass-Candlemass
Candlemass-Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Cathedral-Caravan Beyond Redemption
Count Raven-Destruction Of The Void

These are my favorites.

Yeah I bought Candlemass today. Messiah's vocals are about as high as I can tolerate at this point when it comes to cleans.

I'm listening to Count Raven on myspace. Sounds great. You could swear that's Ozzy on vocals.
I looked for this band in the stores today but couldn't find them, but I'll consider them for an internet order.

I don't think you've heard many Doom bands then. What other bands have you heard that you didn't find to be particularly depressive? Oh yeah, you HAVE to check out Warning, I definitely think you would like it. There's one track available as www.myspace.com/isentorr.

Abdullah
Place of Skulls
Spirit Caravan
Voodooshock
The Gates of Slumber
Minotauri
Count Raven
While Heaven Wept
Trouble
Doomshine
Doomsword
Burning Saviours
Thee Plague of Gentlemen
Burning Witch

+ All that was already mentioned

I don't think you've heard many Doom bands then. What other bands have you heard that you didn't find to be particularly depressive? Oh yeah, you HAVE to check out Warning, I definitely think you would like it. There's one track available as www.myspace.com/isentorr.
Well, Black Sabbath and similar stuff is far from depressive, and that accounts for a lot of trad doom.

True doom is a genre I've always been very ambivalent about. On one side, there are bands that kick so much ass it is simply unbelievable, such as the following:

Black Sabbath
Candlemass
Solitude Aeturnus
Reverend Bizarre
Fall of the Idols
Warning
Doomsword
Pentagram

But then, there are bands that strike me as so bland and uninteresting, I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would listen to them, such as the following:

Count Raven
Minotauri
Revelation
Isole

And probably a few more, whose names have fled from me, thankfully. bah, so strange, seeing as some of those bands are supposed to be very good, but I just can't see it...