Now Playing (The Infamous Topic Returns)

<--- Nightwish - Bye Bye Beatifull (DJ Orkidea Remix) [Nightwish-Bye_Bye_Beautiful-(CDM)-2008-PMS] 12:07 [Metal]

This isn't bad, but I'm partial to club mixes that actually resemble the original song to a decent extent. You wouldn't know it's BBB at all until 3 minutes in, and the similarities are sparse thereafter...if only the dj didn't stutter Anette's vocals, it'd be much better. God damn, I'm critiqueing house music :lol:

<--- Nightwish - Bye Bye Beatifull (DJ Orkidea Remix) [Nightwish-Bye_Bye_Beautiful-(CDM)-2008-PMS] 12:07 [Metal]

This isn't bad, but I'm partial to club mixes that actually resemble the original song to a decent extent. You wouldn't know it's BBB at all until 3 minutes in, and the similarities are sparse thereafter...if only the dj didn't stutter Anette's vocals, it'd be much better. God damn, I'm critiqueing house music :lol:

It's really progressive trance with some veeeeerry light trance breaks tossed in for good measure. But man.. either way you slice it, i really wish no one had ever given Nightwish this treatment. Given the status of EDM (electronic dance music) in Europe, it can be considered nothing other than a very lame watered down thing to do. Even more so when it's this kind of Paul Van Dyk-ish level of commercial trance (more or less the only kind left i suppose). What's next? Appearing on a Ministry of Sound compilation? Radio play on Radio 1 by Pete Tong? heh.

EDM is so dead to me. The 'good ole days' when it was all so fresh, new, vibrant, and weird have been gone for over a decade. Except for a little drum n bass. That genre is still kinda holding it down ;]

In case it isn't obvious: N/P: Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful (DJ Orkidea Mix)

Kiuas - Of Sacrifice, Loss And Reward CDS

Therse guys are awesome, can't wait for their 3rd CD The New Dark Age due out on March 5.

YES, Kiuas is frikkin sweet! I like what I'm hearing of the new stuff...this one has some cool touches...

<--- Kiuas - Towards the Hidden Sanctum [Kiuas-Of Sacrifice Loss And Reward-CDS-2008-WAGNER] 05:25 [Metal]

(and now I don't have to track down the Jap bonus track :D)

Children Of Bodom - Done With Everything, Die For Nothing from the new CD Blooddrunk due out on Apr 7.

This CD must be much better than anyhting COB have done in ages! Big YAY to the guys!!!

Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge

I'm already calling it, unless Metallica can pull something amazing out of their asses, this WILL be my favorite album of 2008!

TO WENCHES AND MEAD, ALL HAIL TRUE PIRATE METAL!!

I didn't want to comment on this until I'd heard it which I did yesterday. When I did I was instantly reminded of why I hate dance music with a passion and remixes of perfectly good songs in particular:rolleyes:

PS. Just saw the thing about 'Blooddrunk' have you heard it? Is it better than 'Are you dead yet?' Are we talking a long overdue return to form for COB? It's just that I've been waiting very impatiently for the album to come out.

I didn't want to comment on this until I'd heard it which I did yesterday. When I did I was instantly reminded of why I hate dance music with a passion and remixes of perfectly good songs in particular:rolleyes:

PS. Just saw the thing about 'Blooddrunk' have you heard it? Is it better than 'Are you dead yet?' Are we talking a long overdue return to form for COB? It's just that I've been waiting very impatiently for the album to come out.
I'm with you, I hate those self-proclaimed "DJs" ruining good songs. If they are so smart why not compose somehing original instead???

I got COB's new CD the other day but have only had time to listen to it once. My first impression was that the band sound much tighter, almost like they used to be on the good old days. The new CD is definitely a vast improvement compared to Are You Dead Yet which was kind of a flop IMO. How high Blooddrunk will rank among COB's full discography I'm not able to tell yet.

N.P. Korpiklaani - Korven Kuningas (length 24:59 !) from the new CD with same title.

God Forbid - Chains of Humanity

More and more I find myself starting sentences starting with "God Forbid should be..." Such as "God Forbid should be at this show", "God Forbid should be on this tour", "God Forbid should be on this soundtrack" and, my most common "God Forbid should be in Rock Band"... I think I found a contender for my favorite New Wave of American Heavy Metal band, and they're from New Jersey, represent!

Alestorm - Over the Seas

I'm not even sure how many times I've listened to this album in the last few days, but I know the answer isn't "too many". If anything it's "Not Enough".