Now playing thread

listening to old comus, debating on buying the new album. theyve been working on it for years, and ive mostly lost interest, now i wonder if i just want it to be good, of if it even ever had a chance to be good.

i cant write a sentence to save my life

In Mourning - From a Tidal Sleep

IM with Cthulhu theme sounds weird, dunno if i like it or not yet
The IM album was boring as hell, as expected :)
especially that crappy ballad
I suppose you mean "Celestial Tear", that one is quite cheesy indeed...
don't think I got that far, all I've heard was a shitload of that side they brought into album two that I hated: really boring, mundane technical 00-0---0--1-0--1-0 prog

mp3: Paradise Lost - Solitary One <02:29/04:07>
They've mellowed down, that's indeed a bit disappointing. My first impression was also a bit meh.. But I'm gonna give it some more time. I had some expectation of this, so indeed disappointing, hopefully the new October Tide will deliver, although that'll still be a while.

How about the new PL Stefan? Quite alright but nothing really spectacular so far i.m.o..

NP: Naglfar - As Long As They Fear

I suppose you mean "Celestial Tear", that one is quite cheesy indeed...They've mellowed down, that's indeed a bit disappointing. My first impression was also a bit meh.. But I'm gonna give it some more time. I had some expectation of this, so indeed disappointing, hopefully the new October Tide will deliver, although that'll still be a while.

How about the new PL Stefan? Quite alright but nothing really spectacular so far i.m.o..

I dunno, I felt that direction coming on the second album already. A lot of soulless going nowhere kinda technical progging. Only liked "The Smoke" on that one. October Tide could be cool indeed though. I was pleasantly surprised by their comeback album :)

Didn't care much for the PL, it was ok but it feels like they're doing it on auto pilot.

mp3: Damien Jurado - Sheets <01:33/04:22>

I dunno, I felt that direction coming on the second album already. A lot of soulless going nowhere kinda technical progging. Only liked "The Smoke" on that one. October Tide could be cool indeed though. I was pleasantly surprised by their comeback album :)

Didn't care much for the PL, it was ok but it feels like they're doing it on auto pilot.

mp3: Damien Jurado - Sheets <01:33/04:22>
Monolith had some energy at least, on this one there's hardly any speed or aggression.

I agree on PL, sounds a bit routine indeed. Still some nice moments.

NP: In Mourning - The Black Lodge