Now playing thread

Agalloch - The Astral Dialogue

Always one of those bands I 'should' like because they are a combination of almost every musical style that I like, yet their stuff just never clicked with me, despite several attempts. This new album however, I find myself coming back to a lot over the past 2 weeks or so, really enjoying it!

But ov corpse, its my least favorite Agalloch record XD.

Woods of Ypre - The Sun was in my Eyes part Doom

I've given it around 5 spins, and as it stands right now...while I enjoy the majority of the material there are no monolithic tracks that have taken previous records of theirs to the next level. (In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion, She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Black Lake Nigstang, Our Fortress is Burning, yadda yadda).

Novembers Doom - Heartfelt

DEF453302LP.jpg

you shouldnt listen to that maja, it has a parental advisory.

bad words are the devils poetry

Great band. I met David Gold a couple times way back (they were originally from my area) and he was a cool dude. I wish they were still around there were great things in store for them.

yeah man i saw them a month before he died. was one of the most amazing shows ive seen. they played only stuff from the first album and the newest, there was maybe 30 people in the crowd tops, tiny bar. met him afterwards and bought some a 7" vinyl from him.

i remember saying "hey man, would you mind signing this?" and he grabs it from me, flips it upside down, points to his signature and says "way ahead of you man". we both had a hearty bearded laugh over it.

a guy in his band (guitar player) went to my university, used to see him all the time in the classics lounge

also i love agalloch, ashes against the grain is amazing

the mantle takes a while but it grows on you, its an amazing blend of folk and psychedelic, with just a little black metal. their first album (its name escapes me) was also awesome, but easily the worst of those 3. i havent heard the new album yet but ima get it today!

that being said ive been listening to neil young and nirvana lol. both have a ton of amazing albums.

also, it took me going through like all of metal to find out that black sabbath (and desolator) were the best metal band of all time