Now playing thread

Tribulation - In the dreams of the dead

This sounds so weak and watered down compared to "The Horror". I cannot understand why people hold this band in such high etseem....this has no power to it at all. :(

What do you think of the new Arcturus? I listened to it once and it needs to sink in before I judge it definitively, but I do have to say I was very, very disappointed. This is what they came up with in ten years? The songs aren't bad but there's nothing weird going on. It doesn't sound like Arcturus. It isn't nearly as dynamic as their other albums.

What do you think of the new Arcturus? I listened to it once and it needs to sink in before I judge it definitively, but I do have to say I was very, very disappointed. This is what they came up with in ten years? The songs aren't bad but there's nothing weird going on. It doesn't sound like Arcturus. It isn't nearly as dynamic as their other albums.
First off, I particularly like the debut (Aspera..) and The Sham Mirrors. La Masquerade... and Sideshow.. never did much for me. I also greatly prefer Garm over Vortex. So I started listening to the new album with just curiosity and no particular expectations, as I wasn't into the last album and didn't expect anything like the Arcturus albums that I'm into. With that in mind, I liked it quite alright. Listened to it twice now (almost) and certainly will give it some more attention. The sound's a bit weird, like there's a blanket covering my speakers or something, it sounds smothered.

First off, I particularly like the debut (Aspera..) and The Sham Mirrors. La Masquerade... and Sideshow.. never did much for me. I also greatly prefer Garm over Vortex. So I started listening to the new album with just curiosity and no particular expectations, as I wasn't into the last album and didn't expect anything like the Arcturus albums that I'm into. With that in mind, I liked it quite alright. Listened to it twice now (almost) and certainly will give it some more attention. The sound's a bit weird, like there's a blanket covering my speakers or something, it sounds smothered.

This is close to my stance. The vocals are really the thing standing in the way of it being a blow out record for me...just how much they will impact my appreciation for it overall is yet to be seen.