Now playing thread

Deftones is a pretty great band. One of the few bandsI listened to when I was 13 that I still like. They are not poprock by any stretch but I would not call them metal either. They linger somewhere else on the spectrum.

I don't care for that live performance (Chino sounds fucked there) but the album version of that song is pretty intense. He blew his voice badly after that album because he was overdoing it at live shows without proper warmup, so he does not scream hard like he once did.

I listened to White Pony not long ago actually. I love that album, they really hit their stride after that. First time I saw the video for Change(in the house of flies) I was completely hooked on it.

Deftones is a pretty great band. One of the few bandsI listened to when I was 13 that I still like. They are not poprock by any stretch but I would not call them metal either. They linger somewhere else on the spectrum.

I don't care for that live performance (Chino sounds fucked there) but the album version of that song is pretty intense. He blew his voice badly after that album because he was overdoing it at live shows without proper warmup, so he does not scream hard like he once did.

I listened to White Pony not long ago actually. I love that album, they really hit their stride after that. First time I saw the video for Change(in the house of flies) I was completely hooked on it.

I got into them like two years ago and now I'm completely hooked. Them not being either is the interesting thing, one of the few bands around that actually have their own sound completely.

He sounds really fucked around Saturday Night Wrist and S/T but looks like he can do it again for real: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mor9oQxA1v8

Well I don't know, they sound pretty bad live it seems. Off time, off-key, bad mix. That's fine though, the albums are solid and I never planned to see them live.

Well I don't know, they sound pretty bad live it seems. Off time, off-key, bad mix. That's fine though, the albums are solid and I never planned to see them live.

I think it works live since I care about energy too, it's not about replicating a studio version.. and tightness they do have 150% as long as Chino doesn't play guitar :loco: