Now playing thread

I appreciate how in your face What Should Not be Unearthed is, and am enjoying it more than At the Gate of Sethu and Ithyphallic thus far, but I agree that Those Whom The Gods Detest is the superior album.

yeah i do too, but i'm probably enjoying sethu more at the moment :erk: i feel like i'm getting old and cannot possibly enjoy new releases :lol: (the new ahab album is awesome though, so maybe i've got a couple of years left of my life)

Finished listening to the new Maiden album for the first time now. I wasn't shocked, it was what I expected, still a high degree of songs that are too long and drag on without direction, high level of randomness. Very far from the 'masterpiece' that some already make it out to be.. A Matter of Life and Death is still my favourite 'post Blaze' Maiden album. Let's see what happens with subsequent listens..

NP: Mandatory - Torn

^Agree with pretty much everything you said. It has some really weird, highly random passages at times that just do not fit in. I don't know if they're trying to create these epic songs or if they're trying to be proggy... Whatever it is, it isn't working very well

Iron Maiden - Empire of the Clouds

i feel like i'm getting old and cannot possibly enjoy new releases :lol:

Music fatigue happens, for sure. Lara Unnerstall, A.V. Club:

If you’re 33 or older, you will never listen to new music again—at least, that’s more or less what a new online study says. The study, which is based mainly on data from U.S. Spotify users, concludes that age 33 is when, on average, people stop discovering new music and begin the official march to the grave.

I'm 28, I still love finding new music and I sure hope my passion for it doesn't wane. Even though I'm sure my consumption will dwindle over time – especially if not keeping up with newer acts – there is so much out there that I haven't heard (and, of course, much that I'll never hear in my lifetime) that I can't imagine being bored. We'll see.

- - -

Stomach Earth - Claimed

Swallow The Sun - New Moon

Long time since I listened to this now. This albums is a fucking monster.

+1 :headbang:

Hmm I dunno, You probably wont like this either then.
Try From The Pinacle To The Pit or Majesty.

Here goes(th) - Majesty

Music fatigue happens, for sure. Lara Unnerstall, A.V. Club:

I'm 28, I still love finding new music and I sure hope my passion for it doesn't wane. Even though I'm sure my consumption will dwindle over time – especially if not keeping up with newer acts – there is so much out there that I haven't heard (and, of course, much that I'll never hear in my lifetime) that I can't imagine being bored. We'll see.

I'm 28 as well... so I got a few years to go then basically :lol: nah, but i think it just has to do with priorities, i just do not look into new music as much as i did a couple of years ago