Now playing thread

Iron Maiden - The Great Unknown :kickass:

New Maiden album is so good it's not even funny :(
Yes

Man that song together with If Eternety Should Fail and Empire Of The Clouds are flawless !!!

Empire of the clouds is epic as fuck! :kickass:

Best song of the album, no question. My real life friends here have all formed a consensus that "The red and the black" is the only good song on the album, but IMO it doesn't come close to Empire of the clouds.

It's Amorphis like their last few albums.. Nothing that really tickles my fancy..You serious..? The songs just get longer, more boring, more repetitive and more random, it just goes on and on and on... it becomes all the more clear that they've run out of decent riffs/ideas. They desperately need a producer who dares to criticize them somehow and tell them longer songs are not automatically better.. A riff or chorus doesn't suddenly become good by repeating it 100 times..

I think it goes without saying that longer isn't automatically better. But in this case, it totally is. I actually fully want them to include this song in the live setlist over rime of the ancient mariner (seeing as it would be super hard to do 2 super-long songs in a show). I won't even miss it.

On topic :

Woods of Ypres - Adora Vivos

Meh, I gotta go against almost everyone as well. New Maiden album is pretty boring - the only song that I like somewhat is the last one. The rest seem way too long and incomprehensive :erk: