Now playing thread

yeah, Skyforger is the one along with Eclipse that really gets there. And that also differs quite much from Eclipse since Eclipse is straight up pop orgasm metal while Skyforger goes very prog in places. The three albums after just basically follows formula, with the exception of the not so solid songwriting (in terms of copy paste anti-coherency) on the new one.

NP: Slowdive - Souvlaki Space Station

Im not disagreeing, they do repeat themselves and its not albums that I will come back to in 10 years, but I still like it. I dont think Eclipse and Skyforger is that good back to back these days either, I play the "hits" now and then.

NP: Swallow The Sun - Of Death And Corruption

Im not disagreeing, they do repeat themselves and its not albums that I will come back to in 10 years, but I still like it. I dont think Eclipse and Skyforger is that good back to back these days either, I play the "hits" now and then.

I don't hate it, they've always been OK at best. What I don't like is the lack of songwriting variation. Every song has to be 4-5 mins and has to contain both clean vocals and growls. Don't think the world would end in a diarrhea outbreak if they made a really calm song or a really heavy song without putting all the elements in every song. A looot of copy paste moments on the new album especially, due to this. "Oops, clean vocal chorus time. Let's stop the song and count 1-2-3-4".

I don't hate it, they've always been OK at best. What I don't like is the lack of songwriting variation. Every song has to be 4-5 mins and has to contain both clean vocals and growls. Don't think the world would end in a diarrhea outbreak if they made a really calm song or a really heavy song without putting all the elements in every song. A looot of copy paste moments on the new album especially, due to this. "Oops, clean vocal chorus time. Let's stop the song and count 1-2-3-4".
This is also my 'issue' with Amorphis with the last bunch of albums, it's not bad, it's probably good, but just too little variation among the songs, predictable and too much sticking to the formula. Too safe. It just doesn't cut it for me.