Now playing thread

Cool, thanks!
It was! I loved the panic and how insecure he was when the equipment failed (16:50). "This sucks!" :lol:
I actually saw them back then, in Hilversum, NL. I believe it was supporting Cradle of Filth. I bought a Morningrise longsleeve shirt from Mikael himself :) He also broke a string during the concert and they either had to cut their set short or they started the entire song over again, don't remember really.

Apparently the gig was on Sunday November 17th, 1996 :) Just found this old thread on the Opeth board :)

wow, you're too old skool for us martijn! i only became a fan around the time they release ghost reveries, just before iirc
I discovered Opeth in the mid-nineties when I was constantly scrutinizing the (Swedish/Scandinavian) underground scene for new interesting stuff. Over 20 years ago :eek: Anything recorded/produced by Dan Swanö at Unisound would have me interested. This way I also discovered Katatonia, Dissection, Unanimated etc. around the same time :)

NP: LIK - Behold the Beheaded

HM-2 Death Metal featuring Sandin of Katatonia on geetar! Also Chris Barkensjö (formerly of Kaamos and more) on drums and vox. Kewl stuff. Album on Spotify.

Lik-Mass-Funeral-Evocation-2015.jpg