Now playing thread

Opeth - Windowpane remixed

The Deliverance remix sounded seriously different from the original, not sure yet if it's an improvement. Damnation remix sounds not that different, but it was pretty good in the first place.

I like the remix. It adds a different feel to the album!

Witchery - The Executioner :kickass:

Opeth - Deliverance remixed

Particularly the drums sound different, more natural, which is an improvement. The cymbals are much more clearly audible and also the toms sound warmer. The snare sounds more like a snare. The kick sounds a bit muffled, I like that the 'triggery' sound is gone, but a bit more punch could have helped. It's always nice to have an album remixed like this, you can start to appreciate it on a whole other level.

i like the "cold" sound of the original deliverance album, so not sure if i think the new mix fits it tbh :/
At first the 'cold' and clicky sound was my main beef with the album, but I got used to it over time and really got to appreciate the album as well. It's nice to have both a 'cold' and 'warm' version now, you can choose :)

Opeth - Master's Apprentices remixed <3

Probably my favourite song on the album.

Rotting Christ - &#922;&#945;&#964;&#940; &#932;&#959;&#957; &#916;&#945;&#943;&#956;&#959;&#957;&#945; &#917;&#945;&#965;&#964;&#959;&#973;

Not that I have any clue what that means :)

i think it just fits the songs and general feeling of the album :)

MA is probably my least favourite on the album :lol: mostly because it's so overplayed though. but i think, like the grand conjuration, it would've been better off had it been 2 minutes shorter or so.
Yeah, it does, I don't dislike it (anymore) either.

Really? I love the contrast between the heaviness and the beautiful mellow middle part. Both the heavy elements and mellow parts are just amazing in this song I think. It's not as overplayed as the titletrack though :) I like both very much still, them two are my favourites on the album, together with the mellow interlude 'For Absent Friends', also very beautiful. Opeth <3

In Mourning - The Black Lodge