Now playing thread

Mike's growl sounds better than it has in a long time. Or am I lying to myself?

he's gotten better, but still not good imo. he has another sound to the growl that i don't think fit in opeth, and he shortens everything so it sounds like he's out of breath. a few shows i've went to he sounded pretty good actually, but you can tell he's not that into it anymore, it's more of a "oh, i guess this song has growls in it, better perform them" attitude :/

he's gotten better, but still not good imo. he has another sound to the growl that i don't think fit in opeth, and he shortens everything so it sounds like he's out of breath. a few shows i've went to he sounded pretty good actually, but you can tell he's not that into it anymore, it's more of a "oh, i guess this song has growls in it, better perform them" attitude :/

I don't think this will ever stop being (at least somewhat) depressing.

I noticed the shortening too, and that he almost shies away from the mic when doing any sort of growl. I don't know if that's just because he isn't into it or if he's so disinterested that he's embarrassed. (That thought makes me wonder if if I'd enjoy their live show more if they didn't bother playing old material. It's a bummer to see him so bored and giving such a lukewarm delivery.)

Integrity – Howling, For The Nightmare Shall Consume

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkGift