Now playing thread

I can't explain exactly what it is that turns me off about their early stuff (mainly The Silent Enigma and Crestfallen) but those albums are pretty much unlistenable to me. I do however love Alternative 4 and Judgement.

OMG I cant believe it! :lol:

Sunset of Age - EPIC!
The Silent Enigma - EPIC!
A Dying Wish - EPIC!

What about Pentecost III?
Kingdom - EPIC!

you're epic

:D
Thank you!

Summernight Horizon is pretty good, so is Thin Air, but the main riffs are so monotonous it becomes kinda boring quite fast.

A Simple Mistake is probably the best track, but the opening is also very boring.

Angels Walk Among Us could have turned out fantastic (the demo is sooo much better than the album version) but they screwed up the production, upped the tempo (OH WHY?!), added girly vox on the "Only Youuuu" part totally ruined that part.

Get Off, Get Out.... Porcupine Tree wanabe, Anathemas worst track ever? Probably.

Gaaah, so much stuff that turns me off on this album that I dont know if I like it or not.

:D
Thank you!

Summernight Horizon is pretty good, so is Thin Air, but the main riffs are so monotonous it becomes kinda boring quite fast.

A Simple Mistake is probably the best track, but the opening is also very boring.

Angels Walk Among Us could have turned out fantastic (the demo is sooo much better than the album version) but they screwed up the production, upped the tempo (OH WHY?!), added girly vox on the "Only Youuuu" part totally ruined that part.

Get Off, Get Out.... Porcupine Tree wanabe, Anathemas worst track ever? Probably.

Gaaah, so much stuff that turns me off on this album that I dont know if I like it or not.

I like all of the album except Get Off, Get Out. I absolute agree. Annoying stupid bullshit in the vein of newer PT.

[mp3] Overkill - No Lights <01:01/05:52>

Its like the new album, simple and boring, I should have seen it coming. Sadly Anathema has lost something. Going for simple radio-fame isnt really working with their music.

i love every single album, even the early demos. If you listen to all albums in order, you will notice that "We are here..." was a very natural follow up to do, and have nothing to do with radio. Their always poured their hearts into the lyrics, so is a very noticeable evolution.

loss of faith > anger > despair > realization -> repentance -> life

i love every single album, even the early demos. If you listen to all albums in order, you will notice that "We are here..." was a very natural follow up to do, and have nothing to do with radio. Their always poured their hearts into the lyrics, so is a very noticeable evolution.

loss of faith > anger > despair > realization -> repentance -> life

I love every album up to the latest and im fully aware of their progression, I have listened to them for over 15 years. Thus the disappointment. The riffs and melodies are simpler than before, no doubt about it.