NOW PLAYING thread

Procol Harum - She Wandered Through The Garden Fence
ProcolHarum.jpg

Skill and talent isn't worth anything if it isn't accompanied by a good sound and solid songwriting
Well, their skill shows in good sound and clever songwriting ;)

You don't have to like them, but if you listen to the songs on for instance, Natural Born Chaos, they're very cleverly composed and executed. It's very clever and good music. Catchy grooves, good melodies.

What I'm trying to say is that you can argue about how much you like them, but you can't doubt their skill and talent. For instance Mozart, it's simply a fact that he's a genius composer, it requires incredible talent to compose the music he wrote, regardless of the fact whether you enjoy his music or not.

Same with Tool, they're incredibly talented, but their music just doesn't do a lot for me.

Well, their skill shows in good sound and clever songwriting ;)

You don't have to like them, but if you listen to the songs on for instance, Natural Born Chaos, they're very cleverly composed and executed. It's very clever and good music. Catchy grooves, good melodies.

What I'm trying to say is that you can argue about how much you like them, but you can't doubt their skill and talent. For instance Mozart, it's simply a fact that he's a genius composer, it requires incredible talent to compose the music he wrote, regardless of the fact whether you enjoy his music or not.

Same with Tool, they're incredibly talented, but their music just doesn't do a lot for me.

Meh.. that band has written the same song just about 40 times since that record. They had some very good lead stuff and drumming back in the Chainheart era, but there was still those grating vocals. I have to agree that Henry Ranta does some extremely good drumming on NBC as well though.

Soilwork are obviously skilled and tight musicians when it comes to technicality, but their songwriting is just forced. They've written like four or five albums of verse/chorus Gothenburg now?