Now Playing

bonus points for Django....it was more like 2 fingers and a burnt slab of flesh with a semi-functional joint, but either way he more of an impact on jazz guitar than just about anybody. Which recording of that are you listening to?

(I'm a bit of a Django fanboy)

Pft.. it's not like they served no purpose.. people like you give him too much credit, he could still kind of throw them onto the B & E strings and hold 'em down to form some sort of a chord! Nah, I'm just kidding.. he was the bee's knee's. I'm actually not that into jazz, but Django is one of the few I really adore, simply because of his innovation and.. well, dedication. Erm, I don't know which recording I'm listening to.. the one off of "Verve Jazz Masters 38"?

Yep.. don't we all wish we were reformers like Mr. Reinhardt..
Leo Brouwer is great, definitley not one of my favorites though.. but he conducted the Berlin Philharmonic, which makes him a cool cat because.. well, I love the Berlin Philharmonic.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Leo-Brouwer-Guitar-Music-Vol/dp/B0000014EJ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1195532703&sr=1-1[/ame]
buy it?

wow, finally Drew and I have someone to talk / discuss / debate classical guitar with! :D

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love you Meedley, but a change is as good as a holiday as they say... :p

Anyways, I probably will end up buying that album, especially seeing as that I learned the first series of studies for performance, and I really wanna learn the others, but yeah my list is just continuously growing... :erk:

pretty much anything talked about on this forum ends in something completely random and obscure... :lol:

umm, apart from all the prog-rock, metal, jazz-fusion, the classical stuff at the top to buy would be the above mentioned Brouwer, Pujol's Cinco Preludios (one of which I also learned for performance, called Preludio Rockero, which I like to call 'The Rock Prelude... :rolleyes: )

Also, Paganini's Grand Sonata for Classical Guitar, and a suite thingo by and Aussie composer named Nigel Westlake, which is awesome Australian sort of soundscapes created by a couple of guitars and an orchestra... how bout yourself?

"Also, Paganini's Grand Sonata for Classical Guitar, and a suite thingo by and Aussie composer named Nigel Westlake, which is awesome Australian sort of soundscapes created by a couple of guitars and an orchestra... how bout yourself?"

Hmm.. that's slightly difficult. It's very rare I buy things, but as far as I can remember.. the last thing that caught my eye was Segovia playing Brahms, Chopin, Debussy, and someone else who I can't remember. But, I remember hearing Paganini's Grand Sonata for violin.. which is another instrument I'm dying to learn.

me to, but violin has a little problem called intonation, which would make the first few months of learning pure hell... :zombie:

I've got Paganini's 24 caprices for violin which many guitarists have tried to play on electric guitar, Jason Becker has the best rendition that I've seen, but Jason Becker was an amazing guitarist...

I've also heard them done on Classical Guitar, which I think would be much harder again...

bold statement for the day:

I don't enjoy listening to Segovia at all.:mad:

I give him all the respect in the world for things he did for guitar, but the guy was more of a prick than Yngwie and, as influencial as he was in his approach to playing, I just can't listen to it for extended periods without wanting to headbutt a wall.

I've got Paganini's 24 caprices for violin which many guitarists have tried to play on electric guitar, Jason Becker has the best rendition that I've seen, but Jason Becker was an amazing guitarist...

I've also heard them done on Classical Guitar, which I think would be much harder again...

Have you heard Li Jie's (sp?) rendition thbe 24th? It slays Becker's interpretation of the 5th