Now Playing...

smilies14.gif
Anathema - Regret

Originally posted by Ivo
didn't know that it is out - how does it sounds?

o.k. now that i listened to it more often, i can say sth about it: It's darker, heavier than BIN. It has still electronic stuff, which is sometimes strange, and sometimes quite typical for PL (like Host, but ONLY the electronic, strings etc). Nick's vocals are harder in some songs, he even has some light growls/screams. Which in my opinion does not fit into every song, but in a few. Not all songs were totally impressive, but ther hasn't been one single song which i would say was bad. And some are pretty good. And the last song is up tempo one with fast vocals and heavy/thrashysound.
The drums, are sometime variable and well rhythmic, then sometimes monoton, easy and boring(which made me first don't like some songs, but you get use to it).
I would recommend to give it a try, it's definetely not the worst PL released. It's like a combination maybe of the last 4 Albums (yes including Draconian Time, a little bit).
The sound is good, all in all very well produced.

At the moment i would say i like it more than BIN, but up to now it can't compare with OS and Host. Not to speak of Draconian Times. But maybe it gets still better with every listen, like it did till now.

Cheers Morpheus

Originally posted by Morpheus
o.k. now that i listened to it more often, i can say sth about it: It's darker, heavier than BIN. It has still electronic stuff, which is sometimes strange, and sometimes quite typical for PL (like Host, but ONLY the electronic, strings etc). Nick's vocals are harder in some songs, he even has some light growls/screams. Which in my opinion does not fit into every song, but in a few. Not all songs were totally impressive, but ther hasn't been one single song which i would say was bad. And some are pretty good. And the last song is up tempo one with fast vocals and heavy/thrashysound.
The drums, are sometime variable and well rhythmic, then sometimes monoton, easy and boring(which made me first don't like some songs, but you get use to it).
I would recommend to give it a try, it's definetely not the worst PL released. It's like a combination maybe of the last 4 Albums (yes including Draconian Time, a little bit).
The sound is good, all in all very well produced.

At the moment i would say i like it more than BIN, but up to now it can't compare with OS and Host. Not to speak of Draconian Times. But maybe it gets still better with every listen, like it did till now.

Cheers Morpheus

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation - I think that and this time I'll miss this release (in order to prevent angryly breaking the CD)

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
So now you are into that one also.. Never heard it, though. What's it like? I just keep hearing people talking about it...

Yeah, just got that yesterday. It's pretty great, a man with a guitar..though that's bother me a little there's a woman singing backgrounds on a couple songs :err: sounds not so good to me..:rolleyes: But I really like the tracks 3 and 4, great stuff!! :headbang: