Now Reading...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images...ow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I'm about half-way through. The book is way too long, but has enough interesting tidbits to keep me going. I'm more interested in the stories about personalities, and less so the business dealings.

Ken

Agreed. It was a huge let down. Olberman running rough shod was by far the best part. My understanding is that it bombed for the publishing company as well considering the amount paid.

51gfRynxwVL._SL500_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-47,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Let's see if this was worth the .99 I paid for it.

i've read most of the Stephanie Plum series
and i just heard that Stephanie Plum is going to be in a big-budget-theatrically-released-movie
woo-hoo

Done the Ringworlds.

I've read two Hogan novels. Two Faces Of Tomorrow and can't remember the other off hand. I know I started on a third one back then, and it turned into more of a political kind of book, and I never went back. So maybe the Giants series is better. I'll try the first one for sure. Thanks.

you wanna read star trek or star wars?
if you're gonna read trek just skip anything that has Kirk in it, the rest is decent
if you're reading Star Wars, start with the Darth Bane books, those were freaking awesome

So, finished a couple over the weekend.

141650933X.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The collection of Weber's "Dahak" series. The first two I felt were ripping yarns. The third seemed to collapse under its own weight. They would have been better off just focusing on the kids, since the Earth plot was lame. I also felt like he rushed the ending to tie everything up. Kinda glad he isn't writing any more of these.

th_0060899050.jpg

A first book of a series, and therefore pure setup. Lots of graphic description of very bad things happening to innocent people. Not sure I'll read more of it.

Just picked up a stack of books at the almost-closed Borders here.

Jim Butcher: Ghost Story (HC)
Max Brooks: G.I. Joe Hearts and Minds (HC)
Kim Paffenroth: Dying to Live - Life Sentence
J.L. Bourne: Day By Day Armageddon - Beyond Exile
Scott Westerfeld: Behemoth (HC)
Christopher Farnsworth: The President's Vampire (HC)
Brandon Sanderson: Elantris

All that and the latest Whitesnake CD for just $40.

I've been hitting up the Borders around here waaaay too often...

Just finished The Bone Doll's Twin by Lynn Flewelling. Now reading Hidden Warrior by the same and Nights of Villjamur by Mark Charan Newton.

Finished another book before ProgPower:

894620-L.jpg

Yeah, a Warhammer 40k book, but surprisingly well written for what it was. Certainly better than some of David Weber's hamfisted stuff...