Now Reading...

ref=sr_1_1

I'm officially giving up on this one, and I almost never walk away from a book. I'm sure there's a good story somewhere in there, but getting there is just too tedious.

I stuck it out for the whole book, but I have no idea why it got the accolades that it did. Tedious is an excellent word for it.

ref=sr_1_1

I'm officially giving up on this one, and I almost never walk away from a book. I'm sure there's a good story somewhere in there, but getting there is just too tedious.

You an me both dude. I tried really hard to get into it. I might have made it 100 pages in, but I could do no more.

I get that it's an amazingly detailed book, and the complexity must be what earned it a Hugo, because it's painful to read.

Finishing up non-fiction related crap, but...next up, World War Z by Max Brooks.

Finished up this:

keeping.jpg

To be honest, it was a mixed bag. It was welcome to have a heroine still trying to figure herself out, but I'd expect someone who went through the trauma she did to have a much tougher time accepting the person who was responsible for that trauma. Also, some aspects of the story were confusing and I didn't always understand what was going on.

I finished The Help and watched the movie. It wasn't as racist as people were making it our to be; some people just got their panties in a bunch over what ended up being a pretty good story.

You an me both dude. I tried really hard to get into it. I might have made it 100 pages in, but I could do no more.

I get that it's an amazingly detailed book, and the complexity must be what earned it a Hugo, because it's painful to read.

Finishing up non-fiction related crap, but...next up, World War Z by Max Brooks.

WWZ is one of my favorite books EVER.

Currently reading Catch-22. I'm not nearly as amused, or interested in what is going on in this book as I thought I'd be. :/

Really? I had to read it in high school, and I didn't think much of it then, but when I read it ten years later with a lot more experience (and cynicism) under my belt, I thought it was hysterical.

I've been rereading the first three Diana Gabaldon Outlander books. I had started rereading the first one during the hurricane power outage, and the momentum just kept going.

I've been rereading the first three Diana Gabaldon Outlander books. I had started rereading the first one during the hurricane power outage, and the momentum just kept going.

They are fun and addicting. Somehow I stopped after the 3rd. Got distracted with something else I suppose.