Now Reading...

Anyone read Noctural by Scott Sigler? I really love Infectious but Contagion wasn't as good. Premise to Noctural sounds cool.

51d%2BpsSQd5L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-76,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Finally finished the Harry Potter series! Now to do a movie marathon and finally watch the last two or three movies. On to Eye of the World after dumping The Hunger Games.

Enjoy Eye Of The World...and then stop right there...:lol:

If I ever get to finish the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, I may restart Robert Jordan's magnum opus. I think I got to Book 7 live - meaning as he wrote and published them - and simply couldn't keep interested.

However, having the luxury of reading Malazan one after another, it makes the reading and keeping up with the characters that much more manageable. I am willing to see if Jordan can be made 'followable' using the same methodology.

If I ever get to finish the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, I may restart Robert Jordan's magnum opus. I think I got to Book 7 live - meaning as he wrote and published them - and simply couldn't keep interested.

However, having the luxury of reading Malazan one after another, it makes the reading and keeping up with the characters that much more manageable. I am willing to see if Jordan can be made 'followable' using the same methodology.

I think Books 1-4 or so are great. It really slows down at that point, but picks up again around 10-11.

Yeah I don't really know where to go from the HP series. I just picked that up cause of the film popularity and it turned out to be a winner. This is my first time reading books since music took over in like middle school. I'm looking for something ala the Bourne series though - Bourne Identity is one of my fav films at the moment.

Yeah I don't really know where to go from the HP series. I just picked that up cause of the film popularity and it turned out to be a winner. This is my first time reading books since music took over in like middle school. I'm looking for something ala the Bourne series though - Bourne Identity is one of my fav films at the moment.

Ah - for something action-packed like that series (and a great series of movies it is), and easy to read on top of it, try Lee Child's series featuring Jack Reacher. Give it a spin at the book store or on your e-reader - very fast-paced and enjoyable. Not a fantasy series, however.

Ah - for something action-packed like that series (and a great series of movies it is), and easy to read on top of it, try Lee Child's series featuring Jack Reacher. Give it a spin at the book store or on your e-reader - very fast-paced and enjoyable. Not a fantasy series, however.

Jack Reacher books...I 2nd that opinion...highly recommended!

And...for the record about the above comment of reading the Jordan books in succession. Even if you do...they still slow to a crawl. It wasn't a matter of whether you could follow the books, it was a matter of the author actually progressing...the...fucking...story...fur...the...r....(gasp!)...

And...for the record about the above comment of reading the Jordan books in succession. Even if you do...they still slow to a crawl. It wasn't a matter of whether you could follow the books, it was a matter of the author actually progressing...the...fucking...story...fur...the...r....(gasp!)...

I hear you loud and clear - but even if I falter again after half a dozen or so - I remember the first few fondly, and it won't be a complete waste of time - I hope!

:loco:

I hear you loud and clear - but even if I falter again after half a dozen or so - I remember the first few fondly, and it won't be a complete waste of time - I hope!

:loco:

Fond memories...same here. For as much shit as the overall series receives, I remember totally being engulfed in it (basically read 1-7 in relatively quick succession), hence the screen name, but just willing to bear no more as I tried to tackle the books that came after that...

I still heartily recommend Eye Of The World as a great stand-alone novel...good times!

Rock on!

Fond memories...same here. For as much shit as the overall series receives, I remember totally being engulfed in it (basically read 1-7 in relatively quick succession), hence the screen name, but just willing to bear no more as I tried to tackle the books that came after that...

I still heartily recommend Eye Of The World as a great stand-alone novel...good times!

Rock on!

Find cliff notes on 6-10 and then pick up at 11 :).

Wheel of time is going to have to wait apparently. Made it to chapter 3, chapter 4 if including the prologue.. but the audiobook from audible has issues. for example if I tell it to go to section two for example (which should be chapter 2), it'll go to the end of chapter 4.

I think I'm allowed a refund so until that title's fixed I may go with the Killing Floor as suggested to me as I've already used a free credit on it. Really weird considering the popularity of the title.