Now Reading...

51x0RbsijmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm on book three, A Storm of Swords.. and man, I really love these books!

The only complaint I have, and well, it's not really a complaint so much as a statement.. the author really loves to include rape in his writing. It's everywhere. And I'm not doubting it would have been a lot more prevailant in the type of era he's writing about, but YEESH. Rape rape rape. Surprised I haven't met a character along the lines of Billy the Rapist. "He's a farmer. He's a fisherman. Oh those guys? Yep, rapers."

I'm on book three, A Storm of Swords.. and man, I really love these books!

The only complaint I have, and well, it's not really a complaint so much as a statement.. the author really loves to include rape in his writing. It's everywhere. And I'm not doubting it would have been a lot more prevailant in the type of era he's writing about, but YEESH. Rape rape rape. Surprised I haven't met a character along the lines of Billy the Rapist. "He's a farmer. He's a fisherman. Oh those guys? Yep, rapers."

Don't forget that every character you get attached to DIES. EVERYONE DIES A HORRIBLE DEATH.

I'm still looking forward to the next installment, The Winds of Winter. Whenever that may be released.

cover_277.jpg

Hope the image works since its blocked at work. I'm 3/4s through and its quite an interesting read. The story isn't breaking any new ground, but the way its being told is pretty unique.

I think it's a very real possibility that we'll see season 6 of the TV series before we see book 6.

Oy, I sure hope not. I'm the type who likes to read before I see the live adaptation, but dude is taking his time writing and I can kind of understand why. Those books are detailed with like.. a billion people. He's got a lot of folks to keep track of/kill.

Oy, I sure hope not. I'm the type who likes to read before I see the live adaptation, but dude is taking his time writing and I can kind of understand why. Those books are detailed with like.. a billion people. He's got a lot of folks to keep track of/kill.

From what I gather, the problem is that he's spending his time on everything but writing.

I recommend that you never read Stephen R. Donaldson. It seems like every series the main character either rapes someone, or gets raped (depends if the main character is male or female.)

I read the first Martin book, and I think I mostly had enough of it. As OrbWeaver said, it is likely everyone is going to die anyways, so what's the point?

Right now I'm reading...

Beer-is-Proof-God-Loves-Us.jpg

The title is a little misleading, since it seems to be more about the business of brewing beer rather than the beer itself. It is also hard to respect a guy who feels he continually has to defend Anheuser-Busch. Maybe it is because he's a Brit, but I don't think he gets why beer snobs in the US dislike AB and other large breweries in this country.

Right now I'm reading...

Beer-is-Proof-God-Loves-Us.jpg

The title is a little misleading, since it seems to be more about the business of brewing beer rather than the beer itself. It is also hard to respect a guy who feels he continually has to defend Anheuser-Busch. Maybe it is because he's a Brit, but I don't think he gets why beer snobs in the US dislike AB and other large breweries in this country.

Looks like a good read. I love learning more about booze!

I have also started on the GoT books. For me it had little to do with the TV series, but more that a good friend of mine has been badgering me for well over a decade to read the first three books. They've been favorites of his since then, and he gave me a set of the first three around 2001. After finishing some scifi, I figured I'd jump on them next. I'll probably burn out after three and wait a while to get on the rest.

Upcoming book pile:

Greg Bear - Hull Zero Three
John Scalzi - Redshirts
Greg Egan - The Clockwork Rocket
Richard Russo - Ship Of Fools
Peter Watts - Blindsight