Now Reading...

51RjPVXFZqL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The Silkworm by "Robert Galbraith" - a/k/a J.K. Rowling. Fairly interesting, although I'm still waiting for her to write a book for grownups that is as entertaining as the HP series was!

51Q9YAh23cL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I really hope they get the final two installments of this series translated into English very soon. Otherwise, they're going to miss their sweet spot, as the upcoming Witcher game is supposed to be the last one, and it comes out in February.

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Beautifully written, but oooooh, I want to slap the main character upside the head. I suppose that was the intended effect.

Not having learned my lesson when it took me several months to complete my re-read of Robert McCammon's Swan Song, I am now re-reading Stephen King's The Stand. The unabridged version. So, maybe by 2015 I'll have a new book to read! :)

Oh, and I'm also working through the original Dark Horse Star Wars comics based on Episode IV and then taking off in a new direction after the "comicified" version of the movie concluded in Issue 6. There are 67 issues altogether in that first run. In Episode 7, the first issue after the events in the Ep IV movie ended, Han and Chewie lose the reward treasure given to them by Princess Leia to space pirates! What other wacky hijinks will ensue, only time (and many trips to the bathroom, I mean --reading-- room) will tell!

Ken

I'm in the middle of a Dark Tower re-read. This will be the first time going through books 1-7 in a row.

I read them the first time and listened to the audio books the second time. The guy reading definitely added something to the "re read".

Just finished Naked Lunch. Yeah, it's pretty weird. I almost stopped around half a dozen times. Restored some sanity by reading some Billy Collins poetry, and a spot of Greg Hurwitz (The Crime Writer is a fun read, and I love his description of L.A.). I'm almost finished with Robert Chambers "The King in Yellow, and other short stories." He's a precursor of Lovecraft's, and some of his stories are really enjoyable.

This is hilarious. Fans of the Colbert Report will really dig this. Collins and Colbert read "To My Favorite 17-Year-Old High School Girl," together. Priceless!

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/j9efvm/billy-collins