Now Reading...

200px-Swan_song_cover.jpg

Rereading this for the first time in forever.

This Is Your Captain Speaking: My Fantastic Voyage Through Hollywood, Faith & Life [Kindle Edition]
Gavin MacLeod (Author), Mark Dagostino (Contributor)

$1.99

Just finished up with Jonathan Maberry's latest called "Code Zero" and it may be his best book yet. One of the best when it comes to high-tech military, horror/thriller type novel (at least in my opinion). And just started "Ex-Purgatory" from another favorite, Peter Clines, which I see Mr. Gaines has already posted and I am curious if it stands up to the rest of the series?

Yes, Ex-Purgatory was great. Very different from the first three, but I love the approach Clines took.

Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Pendergast series is one of my all time FAVES...

Currently reading "S" by JJ Abrams and Doug Dorst... It takes a little time to find the groove how to figure out the story written in the margins and the main story - Ship of Thesus by VM Straka - but once you do, it's a bit addictive. I've really enjoyed it and the little additions within the book (postcards, letters, pics made just to further the story)

Robin Hobb's "Assassin's Apprentice" is 99 cents for the Kindle right now. If you like your epic fantasy dystopic and depressing, this one is excellent! (seriously, this is one of my favorite books - you can get away with reading just this and none of the rest.)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Apprentice-Farseer-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B000FBFMG6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1400165868&sr=1-1&keywords=robin+hobb+assassins+apprentice[/ame]

I took two work trips this month, and have been catching up on Scott Turow’s catalog - “Identical”, “Limitations”, and “Personal Injuries”. I keep thinking that he will return to his former glory from “Presumed Innocent”. Nope. Wish I could get my money back! :mad:

Was on vacation last month and read several books on Kindle - favorites were “Insane City” by Dave Barry and “Lunatics” by Dave Barry and Alan Zweibel. I highly recommend both for anyone that is looking for a quick, funny, mindless read. Also read “The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak. Loved that one, but not quick *or* mindless…bawled through the last few chapters. :cry:

I have several digital editions on hold through my local library, and just got notice that two of them are available: Stephen King’s “Lisey’s Storey” and Markus Zusak’s “The Messenger”. Seems like availability is always feast or famine. Time to get cracking!