np

Yeah, the first one had those growls but you could actually hear them without problem. On the second album sometimes you feel like you are listening to an instrumental track because of how low the volume of the growls is. You need to tweak things a bit on the equalizer in order to make it better. Not so with the first album.
What bothered me the most aside from the volume of the vocals was the sound/production on Til Døden Os Skiller. Because of this, the album doesn't sound so crushing and brutal as the debut does, imo. Unfortunately, the situation hasn't got better on split with Funebrarum, and their single song sounds pretty boring. Funebrarum's side is sick btw.

Witchfinder_General_-_Death_Penalty_(600x600).jpg

My choice for today.

That and Sunbather are among the worst albums of the year.

:lol:

I didn't like Sunbather or anything Deafhaven does for the matter, but this was interesting. & if you generally like sounds (like going outside and listening to sounds not necessarily "music") you might like this.

I liked this though. From what I'm getting it's either you like it or you hate it. Nothing in between with this album. The sounds are really cool. Wouldn't say it's AOTY or anything like that. Also, have you ever listened to a broken fan run for awhile? Well, it sounds really cool and this reminds me of that. It's very unpredictable and you never know what kind of sound or tone is going to follow next. Very apocalyptic and staggered. sometimes messes are good :p

@Nephilim: you kind of just gotta hear it for yourself. no one has the same opinion of it. the reviews are really mixed.

Last edited by a moderator: