np

The vocals took some time to grow on me. It is without a doubt their weakest point. But what else do you expect from a Stoner band from fucking Dallas? Its part of their charm lol But seriously, its their sound and tasty fuckin jams that keep me coming back for more. Check out Psychedelonaut and The Black Code. Those are the two I return to the most.

Also, lemme know what you think of that Aldaaron album when youre done.

Ha, i hear ya! I listened to the album again and it's kind of growing on me. I'll definitely check out Psychdelonaut and The Black Code next as I'm just curious as how groovy they could really get!

As for Aldaaron I do like both albums and noticed there's something more "dark" about Supreme Silence (could be the production), but I'm liking Nous Reviendrons Immortels more and I'm thinking it's because the tracks are a little more… dynamic? If that makes sense. The drumming isn't bad, but I think the production on Supreme Silence sometimes lends itself for it to sound a little too overpowering and a little like thudding. For instance, in the track L'Homme Sourvain it does the thudding/drowned out drumming for way too long like the last two minutes or so of the track, and it's distracting from the rest of the interesting music going on because it seems louder than everything else for some reason.

NRI, sounds like it's mixed better and the drumming is not as distracting nor do I notice that "thudding" sort of distracting sound to it. Moreover, I really like how dynamic the tracks are here, and it seems to go more into the instrumentals more which I love. Like my favorite track on Supreme Silence (besides Supreme Silence because goddamn that track is awesome) is Renegat, and honestly it's that atmospheric instrumental in the beginning and it just seems the most like NRI to me. It's definitely not as dark as Supreme Silence, though. Like everything in NRI is turned up (i noticed the vocals are even more prominent in a good way and missed that in SS), and SS everything seems to be turned down except the drums. This could honestly just be a mixing issue though. Two really good albums and the band's super underrated for sure, just some first impression thoughts.

Currently listening to:
Cultes-des-Ghoules-Henbane.jpg

As for Aldaaron I do like both albums and noticed there's something more "dark" about Supreme Silence (could be the production), but I'm liking Nous Reviendrons Immortels more and I'm thinking it's because the tracks are a little more… dynamic? If that makes sense. The drumming isn't bad, but I think the production on Supreme Silence sometimes lends itself for it to sound a little too overpowering and a little like thudding. For instance, in the track L'Homme Sourvain it does the thudding/drowned out drumming for way too long like the last two minutes or so of the track, and it's distracting from the rest of the interesting music going on because it seems louder than everything else for some reason.

NRI, sounds like it's mixed better and the drumming is not as distracting nor do I notice that "thudding" sort of distracting sound to it. Moreover, I really like how dynamic the tracks are here, and it seems to go more into the instrumentals more which I love. Like my favorite track on Supreme Silence (besides Supreme Silence because goddamn that track is awesome) is Renegat, and honestly it's that atmospheric instrumental in the beginning and it just seems the most like NRI to me. It's definitely not as dark as Supreme Silence, though. Like everything in NRI is turned up (i noticed the vocals are even more prominent in a good way and missed that in SS), and SS everything seems to be turned down except the drums. This could honestly just be a mixing issue though. Two really good albums and the band's super underrated for sure, just some first impression thoughts.

I need to give NRI another spin. I first got introduced to them by Supreme Silence, loved it, but spun the record into the ground. Never really clicked with NRI, mainly because of the production. I should revist it and see where I stand with it because I really liked SS.

NP:
Catacombe-Quidam.png