np

k0hOMiTl.jpg

The new Skinless is good but... nothing special I don't think. Gotta give it a few more listens, but after 9 years away from the game you'd think they'd try to bring something a bit better and/or more unique to the table. Just sounds like death metal.

Jamming this son of a bitch right now. Forgot how brutal it is. I miss this band so much :(

Dismember_-_Self_Titled-CD.jpg

The new Skinless is good but... nothing special I don't think. Gotta give it a few more listens, but after 9 years away from the game you'd think they'd try to bring something a bit better and/or more unique to the table. Just sounds like death metal.
Honestly I never expect a band labeled brutal death metal to ever release something "special" but I quite enjoyed the album, I greatly prefer the sound they're going for over the shitty pig squeal and whatever term stupid vocals that all these "slam/brutal death metal" bands seem to go for. Always sounds more like a parody of death metal to me.

Honestly I never expect a band labeled brutal death metal to ever release something "special" but I quite enjoyed the album, I greatly prefer the sound they're going for over the shitty pig squeal and whatever term stupid vocals that all these "slam/brutal death metal" bands seem to go for. Always sounds more like a parody of death metal to me.

Not a Skinless fan but I definitely agree with this.

Bang are fucking great, which album is your favourite?

Do they have more albums? After our discussion in that other thread about proto-metal or whatever I googled proto-metal and now I'm listening to some bands of the genre that I haven't heard. This album reminds me a Black Sabbath in many ways, I would say I prefer the vocalist to Ozzy but the guitar work in Black Sabbath is far superior in my opinion.

Do they have more albums? After our discussion in that other thread about proto-metal or whatever I googled proto-metal and now I'm listening to some bands of the genre that I haven't heard. This album reminds me a Black Sabbath in many ways, I would say I prefer the vocalist to Ozzy but the guitar work in Black Sabbath is far superior in my opinion.

Oh okay, well I'd definitely recommend delving further than the debut that's for sure.