np

R-570823-1385002694-5859.jpeg.jpg

Xasthur - The Funeral of Being

The only Warlock-album I still listen to (though very rarely). A few months ago I attended a concert by Doro where attendance was free of charge and where she also played three songs from this album, namely the title track, "Metal Racer" and - as one of several encores - "Without You".

Reactions: Atomic Tide
Yeah, I slightly prefer Hellbound, but it may be for sentimental reasons as it was the first album I ever heard by Warlock.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah, I slightly prefer Hellbound, but it may be for sentimental reasons as it was the first album I ever heard by Warlock.
"Hellbound" was also my first album by Warlock and way back then I also liked it a lot, especially the title track and "Earthshaker Rock", but "Burning the Witches" has a special charm for me, though I can't really say what it is. By the way, at last year's Rock Hard Festival, Doro played a special "old school" set, including (among others) two songs from "Burning the Witches", three songs from "Hellbound" and - probably the most obscure song - "Evil" from the "You Hurt My Soul" maxi-single. You can still stream the entire concert here.

Reactions: Atomic Tide
View attachment 7930

Bölzer - Hero

Undecided on this. Worth a listen if you liked the earlier material, but it barely contains half the magic of the demo or Entranced by the Wolfshook. They must've been on a serious bender to even consider letting some of the vocals into the final recording, shockingly amateurish shit.

I'm listening to this now and it has some of the strangest, most bizarre vocal lines/melodies I have ever heard. Oddly enough, I find it fascinating and enjoyable.

Reactions: Slayed Necros
"Chlorophyllia" is actually pretty awesome. The album really isn't as bad as others have said. The clean vocals are so weird and bad that they're good, IMO. Fitting, in a very unorthodox way, I find. I'm enjoying this releasse.