np

I hated it on my first listen. Both the harsh vocals and clean vocals aren't very good imo. What happened to the primal growls and roars from the first EP?

I'll leave it a while before I give it another listen.

Last edited:
61zO1l%2BHeUL.jpg

protestvolition_600.jpg

First listen, the couple songs I heard before its release seemed weak. What inspired me was...

At Alternative Press, Kevin Stewart-Panko stated that "[Protest the Hero] have long been the tenuous link between metal old and new, and Volition continues their polished combination of technical thrash, punkish melodies and mining of disparate influences, from '80's maestros Watchtower and Toxik to energy drink mayhem like DragonForce and NOFX."[7]

Take that, TNB. Protest the Hero is officially tech-thrash.

Reactions: EspaDa
protestvolition_600.jpg

First listen, the couple songs I heard before its release seemed weak. What inspired me was...

At Alternative Press, Kevin Stewart-Panko stated that "[Protest the Hero] have long been the tenuous link between metal old and new, and Volition continues their polished combination of technical thrash, punkish melodies and mining of disparate influences, from '80's maestros Watchtower and Toxik to energy drink mayhem like DragonForce and NOFX."[7]

Take that, TNB. Protest the Hero is officially tech-thrash.

It's decent but I get bored after a few tracks in. Clarity is a nice song.