np

Do breakdowns make something brutal? I thought you just said that "garbage brutal slam wigger shit" isn't proper brutal death metal. I think Deicide is moderately tech-y, but that's besides the point since bands like Atrocity are technical without being considered brutal.

no you idiot, what i said is don't mistake the countless number of bands they spawned and influenced with them. "but why doesn't tech-death of today sound like Atheist or Death" ... no?

Breakdowns are one of their signatures and a huge part that carried over into the wigger shit of today.

Anyway, no point in arguing something like this with a moron such as yourself. Protest the Hero are technical thrash, Sepultura are death metal, Coroner are power metal and Suffocation are what death/thrash? And you wonder why no one here takes you seriously? :lol:

Breakdowns came from hardcore though.

but hardcore isnt death metal, my little sister. Suffocation brought breakdowns(which is a HUGE part of BDM) into death metal. They are far more technical than Deicide(the comparison you asked for) and Frank Mullin is one of the originators of the guttural vox(which is used by just about every single BDM band) .. another one for your retarded Deicde comparison.

The fact that you would need someone to explain to you why they are a brutal/technical death metal band just showcases your inexperience of the subgenre of death metal. I'll just let you continue to embarrass yourself.

So what differentiates deathcore and brutal death metal? Both feature breakdowns, guttural vocals, and often technicality.

And is thrash with breakdowns therefore brutal thrash metal?

Thrash with breakdowns is like thrashcore or crossover or something?

What imo separates deathcore from brutal death metal is that brutal death metal is actual (death) metal with breakdowns, whereas deathcore is metallic hardcore with death metal elements.

The fundamental difference is in which genre the band prioritizes/has as its foundation.

29644.jpg

@1:31 am i the only one who hears "we're so fart" here? :lol:

Thrash with breakdowns is like thrashcore or crossover or something?

What imo separates deathcore from brutal death metal is that brutal death metal is actual (death) metal with breakdowns, whereas deathcore is metallic hardcore with death metal elements.

The fundamental difference is in which genre the band prioritizes/has as its foundation.

Examples of deathcore bands that prioritize metallic hardcore pls

@CASSETTEISGOD if you're wondering why HBB is so clueless, the guy was strictly listening to kings x and shitty flower/power metal bands not too long ago. He didnt start listening to proper metal till a few years back.

he's like one of those annoying children who's just gonna keep going "but daddy, what about...", regardless of how wrong he is.

Deathcore has too much grindcore influences to sound like mid-paced metalcore bands, but Deformity comes to mind. One of the first "deathcore" bands imo. When it actually sounded like metal, as opposed to grindcore + metalcore breakdowns + pig squeels etc that = deathcore we all know.

Where's the death metal in that? I hear a couple slammy riffs and a few verses like around 12:30, is that all it takes? I'm hearing a lot of thrash, a bit of hardcore, and almost no death metal.